Black People : How do you deal with stress?

Hello

Everybody suffers from stress and we all have different methods to deal with it. I like listening to music and jogging in the park, whenever I can of course. But when im unable to do that in a long time, I feel tense. People have recommended me doing yoga, and it sounds like a good idea. Ive never done meditation before, but it wouldnt hurt to try at least, right?

How do you deal with stress yourself?
I walk at the beach, meditate, do squats, shoot hoops, yoga, read and enjoy the company of good people, watch movies that make me laugh. I used to participate in kickboxing class but knees can no longer take the stress. I also go to the driving range and hit 2-3 buckets of golf balls.

Thx, yep me after a few years of training. I used to be skinny. I hope your knee gets better. I know something like jogging can be so liberating.

Welcome again. I have a soft spot for people from Latin America. They are always so happy and exuberant. I don't know how many times I've seen the Motorcycle Diaries now:)

You like el Che Guevara?

When I was a commie teenager, yes. Not so sure now. Still love his youthful spirit. He was very different when he was writing that diary then.

Then i'll recommend you these two films (they are actually one but they split it in two)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892255/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374569/

I dont know if you are aware, but Guevara said awful things about the native indians and the black people.

”Los negros, esos magníficos ejemplares de la raza africana que han conservado la pureza racial gracias a su escasa inclinación al aseo, han visto su terreno invadido por otro tipo de esclavo, el portugués”, escribió el Che sobre Brasil.

”El negro es indolente y soñador, gastando su sueldo exiguo en frivolidades o bebida, el europeo tiene una tradición del trabajo y del ahorro, que le ha perseguido hasta esta esquina de América y le impulsa a avanzar por sí mismo, incluso independientemente de sus propias aspiraciones individuales”.

Junio 19 de 1967 anota en su diario, en referencia a los campesinos bolivianos: “a los habitantes hay que cazarlos para poder hablar con ellos pues son como animalitos.”

I'll do my best translating this, dont laugh. Ok, the first one says:

"The blacks, those magnific members of the african race that has maintained racial purity thanks to his small inclination for hygiene, has seen their territory invaded by another type of slave, the portuguese" He wrote about Brasil.

The second one says:

"The black is lazy and dreamer, spends his small salary in frivolties or drink, the european has a tradition of job and savings, that has chased him to this corner of America and motivates him to go ahead by himself, even independantly of his own personal dreams"

And the third one:

(refering to bolivian rural people)"we have to hunt the inhabitands to be able to speak to them, because they are like little animals"

exercise/x-box/cannibus....
some good nookie does the trick too...lol

one love
khasm

What is nookie?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back