Black People : How do you deal with stress?

I buy something...*laugh*
No, I'm just kidding.

- I exercise. It makes me feel good.
- I go to the spa...to get something painted, sanded, burned off or plucked.
- I get out of the house and window shop. Call up my friends and make them meet me for lunch. That helps.
- I drink...a little self-medicating never hurt. *laugh* I usually drink a glass of sweet red wine every night. On the weekends? It's Patron`! *laugh*
It's a part of my bed-time ritual that I do before my fiance gets home. I get my bubble bath and bath salts...light up the lavender, put on my old-school R&B.... I soak, 'drank' and talk on the phone.
- Sex.

Yoga? I hate yoga.The entire process annoys me. I can't relax doing yoga. That may be a problem *laugh* But, uh...yeah - I'm too busy trying to hold the poses to think 'happy thoughts'. I'm like, "I think it's high-time that we switched to the puppy pose...! Now...yes? Please...?"
I had to leave. Glad that I was in the back of the class. I don't want to disturb anyone.

Not that I discount meditation. I mean, after all, visualization is an effective pain control technique. I've used 'guided imagery' with my pt's. So, yeah - it's possible to calm the nerves with a little 'mind wandering'....

Y'know what's fun: SPIN CLASS.
You underestimate because you think, "Eh, you're just on a bike...."
Until the next day.
It took me all of 5 minutes to get of bed. I slid my way out....

Exercising. Heavy lifting, developing my game, and gf always knows when I'm stressed and she is always a bubble of fun with her childish humour. A good night sleep does wonder too.

Ouch knee surgery. Send shivers throughout my body. This is why I squat with knee guards. I have a right irritated knee but nothing serious enough for surgery.

Besides, sorry for being mean to you before. I was suspicious about your intentions but you seem alright. Welcome here and we can learn a lot from you about latin America. I love Brazil and had a good friend from Argentina.

Is that you in the picture SlickBeast? I hope your girl friend never see this post, but you have a great body :).

I had meniscectomy...too much jogging on hard terrain I guess. Now I try to alternate hard with soft ground from time to time and I found that my knees suffers less.

And dont worry, I was more confused than offended :confused:...not big deal. Thanks for the welcome, i will contribute with what i can...but choosing the topics better this time :look:.

I buy something...*laugh*
No, I'm just kidding.

- I exercise. It makes me feel good.
- I go to the spa...to get something painted, sanded, burned off or plucked.
- I get out of the house and window shop. Call up my friends and make them meet me for lunch. That helps.
- I drink...a little self-medicating never hurt. *laugh* I usually drink a glass of sweet red wine every night. On the weekends? It's Patron`! *laugh*
It's a part of my bed-time ritual that I do before my fiance gets home. I get my bubble bath and bath salts...light up the lavender, put on my old-school R&B.... I soak, 'drank' and talk on the phone.
- Sex.

Yoga? I hate yoga.The entire process annoys me. I can't relax doing yoga. That may be a problem *laugh* But, uh...yeah - I'm too busy trying to hold the poses to think 'happy thoughts'. I'm like, "I think it's high-time that we switched to the puppy pose...! Now...yes? Please...?"
I had to leave. Glad that I was in the back of the class. I don't want to disturb anyone.

Not that I discount meditation. I mean, after all, visualization is an effective pain control technique. I've used 'guided imagery' with my pt's. So, yeah - it's possible to calm the nerves with a little 'mind wandering'....

Y'know what's fun: SPIN CLASS.
You underestimate because you think, "Eh, you're just on a bike...."
Until the next day.
It took me all of 5 minutes to get of bed. I slid my way out....

Hahaha you are so funny :D. Shopping for me is more stressing than relaxing because I buy like a crazy, and then when its time to pay the bills I go ":eek:". I have zero self-control...

I cant believe yoga didnt work for you, sorry to hear it was a waste of time. You know, you are the fist person that says it didnt work for them. Hey but at least you tried it...not like me that ive been saying it looks stupid but never have done it. Im going to leave that mentality behind and just going a class to see what it is about...

Never thought about spinning...souns like a great idea! Thank you.

Is that you in the picture SlickBeast? I hope your girl friend never see this post, but you have a great body :).

I had meniscectomy...too much jogging on hard terrain I guess. Now I try to alternate hard with soft ground from time to time and I found that my knees suffers less.

And dont worry, I was more confused than offended :confused:...not big deal. Thanks for the welcome, i will contribute with what i can...but choosing the topics better this time :look:.

Thx, yep me after a few years of training. I used to be skinny. I hope your knee gets better. I know something like jogging can be so liberating.

Welcome again. I have a soft spot for people from Latin America. They are always so happy and exuberant. I don't know how many times I've seen the Motorcycle Diaries now:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back