Black People : How Do We Obtain Worldwide Black Unity

bento

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 19, 2003
Yesterday, 2/18, I visited this West African website http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/sil2/r.php?thread=645615 and came across a posting called "THE BLING BLING TRIBE IN NORTH AMERICA posted by a gentleman from Barbados. I found it very distrubing due to its content. I then began to ask myself how and when will we unify as a race when we think so little of each other. I have pasted the above mentioned posting below so that you can read it. How do you respond to such a posting?

============================================

Author: Young Bajan (registered user)
Date: 02-18-2003 15:49

The Bling-Bling Tribe of North America

Although there are a few of them on SIL (elvira, The Duke/Illuminati), not much is written about the bling-bling people, because they are largely semi-literate people with limited writing skills. This is the first article in a series on the bling-bling, which will examine their culture, lifestyle and language.

Note: The correct written form of the name is "bling-bling"... without capitals. The B's are only capitalised when used in a caption with title case format, and the first B only at the start of a new sentence.

Nuff Respect, Young Bajan.

Bling-Bling

Location: The United States of America, with a small diasporal presence and some cultural penetration in other parts of North America, the Caribbean, Europe and Africa.

Population: Unknown (Too many if you ask me. As far as I'm concerned, the only good bling-bling is a dead bling-bling.)

Language: Rap/Street Talk

Types of Art: Body Tattoes, Graffiti, Earrings in noses, navels, eyebrows, etc., Multiple Earrings in ears. (For females, nine inch nails.)

History: The bling-bling are black people of African descent living in the United States of America among the other black people found there. They are all the direct offspring of non-bling-bling black Americans, and like their parents were born into a grievance culture. The appearance of the bling-bling has only occurred within the past 20 years or so.

Economy: Drug dealing, prostitution, car-jacking and armed robbery. Their tradition role in American society is to ensure that jails are fully populated, and to provide candidates for the welfare system. The elite of bling-bling society are some of the richest and most famous people in the world today, and are exclusively involved in the rap industry.

Political Systems: The bling-bling have no political ambitions in the conventional sense. (None of them has ever voted.) Their political system is comprised of leadership of multiple small geographical areas, known as "turf". Each turf is controlled by a predominant gang within the turf. All resources within the turf belong to the ruling gang, and each gang is headed by a gang leader, who is always a male. Control of turf and changes of leadership are done in a variety of ways, all of which involve some form of violence, particularly drive-by shootings.

Religion: The bling-bling worship material things. Gold, as with most other cultures, is the most precious of metals to them. Unlike some other cultures who hide their gold reserves in bank vaults, the bling-bling prefer to carry their gold in public view at all times. Crack cocaine and marijuana are used when meditating, and the bling-bling meditate very often, usually at nightclubs, but also at home. When bling-bling attend church, it is almost always for funerals.

Family Structure: Bling-bling society is a polygamous one. Each male will usually have a favourite female or "*****" as the bling-bling call them, but they normally do not stay together long after the birth of the first child. Parenting is primarily the responsibility of the female, who may have more than one child each with a different father.

Life Expectancy: Unknown. Due to a high death rate, none of the adult bling-bling who were alive 20 years ago when they first appeared are alive today. It is unknown whether any bling-bling has ever reached the age of 40.

Culture: BET.

=============================================

THE FOLLOWING POSTING IS A RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE POSTING

==============================================

Author: ħ§rêÿ® (registered user)
Date: 02-18-2003 16:25

>> semi-literate people with limited writing skills. -- TRUE. They ALL speak something called Ebonics, which the most useless of them tried to introduce into the school system as a viable tutoring language.

>> Too many if you ask me. As far as I'm concerned, the only good bling-bling is a dead bling-bling. -- TRUE. They accomplish this by killing themselves all over the ghettos of this country, then complain about oppression by the white man.

>> (For females, nine inch nails.) -- TRUE. Also, large ear-rings, fake hair, unsightly coiffure, pungent perfumes, loud and abnoxious.

>> were born into a grievance culture. -- TRUE. They are animals.

>> Economy: -- Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime, then blame their disproportionate incarceration on the criminal system.

>> (None of them has ever voted.) -- TRUE. Then they complain about lack of representation, as though representatives fall from above like rain.

>> The bling-bling worship material things. -- TRUE. They kill each other for sneakers, the rims on their cars, etc., then blame "society" for their plight.

>> who may have more than one child each with a different father. -- TRUE. This was encouraged by the welfare system which gave aid in accordance with one's dependents. Therefore the more children, the more aid (food stamps, subsidized housing, MedicAID, etc). These animals objected most strongly to the Welfare Reform Act because they were content with their free ride, the way it had been for generations. In some families, up to three or four generations had never worked -- living off my taxes. Animals!

>> Life Expectancy: They often state, "I'm lucky if I live to 25." The unfortunate thing is they live according to that mentality and kill themselves off.

>> Culture: BET. -- TRUE. In addition to as much TV as possible, video games, violent or empty films(Scar Face is among their favorites). Basically, they are the CESSPOOL of society. Animals!

Not one for loooong postings, and so I end my response here.

Although said in a vicious manner, much of this is true when you think of the behaviors attributed to the "Bling-Bling" people.

It's funny how many Black people jumped all over Bill Cosby for speaking of these things, yet many of those same Black people nodded their heads in agreement with a dead White man who, almost 300 years ago, allegedly gave a speech about slaves.

Yes, this entry is derogatory and meant to insult; but when you look beyond that, much of this is truth, an ugly truth but still truth.

However, as to any world-wide Black unity, personally, I don't think that is possible. I believe there can be "pockets" of unity and solidarity, nationally and internationally. But only in part, not as a whole.

cherryblossom said:
It's funny how many Black people jumped all over Bill Cosby for speaking of these things, yet many of those same Black people nodded their heads in agreement with a dead White man who, almost 300 years ago, allegedly gave a speech about slaves.

Huh:?:

are you referring to the "bling-bling" people here:?:

and...."ALLEGEDLY":?: You have not SEEN those speeches in WRITING....in they BOOKS:?:

I ask the question regarding this phenomenon they call...the "bling-bling tribe of north amerikkka".....
HOW DID THEY GET THAT WAY when they were clearly NOT that way before thier MAAFA-FIC experience here in the North:?:
What role did their captors play in creating the environment for this culture to emerge:?:
Is there anything...outside of religious beliefs which seem to be a major tool in the creation of said "tribe"...that can REPAIR this damage:?:

or..are those Afreekans...who were also socialized via the process of COLONIZATION and who can be labeled as....the "Verbally Assaultive Klans of the Continental Afreekan"....simply behaving as their Colonizers in this destructive language against a part of the SELF....."self-haters" maybe more appropriate term for them...:qqb010:
and in the end....having the same effect on the self as the bling-bling tribe what was taken out of them

M.E.
:hearts2:

Yes, I mean the "Bling-Bling" people referenced in the entries.

cherryblossom said:
those same Black people nodded their heads in agreement with a dead White man who, almost 300 years ago, allegedly gave a speech about slaves.

This is what I asked you about....

when and where have they nodded their heads about what white man who gave what alleged speech:?:

M.E.
:hearts2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back