Jails / Prisons : How Do We Keep Young Black Men From Going To Prison?

The very last line of that post is the strongest (not to say the rest is not) It's insanity to not know that what you're doing is negative and self destructive. I know WHY there are gangs and criminals, why is not part of the solution, it is an excuse for not changing. I used to be a graffiti artist in my younger days and I was well aware of what I was doing. Yes I am an artist and was then but I did it for the rush which is irrelevant, I DID it knowing it was against the law. When I gave it up I decided to keep my art on canvas and not on the street but it's all a choice. Young brothers these days have PLENTY of positive examples but they CHOOSE otherwise. We have to get out of the follower mentality, mimicking the negatives of others and mocking the positives. We need our fathers back in the household and we need FAMILIES again. None of this "I can raise my children on my own" from sisters and absentee father nonsense anymore. Obama kills all excuses any black person give for not achieving these days and that includes myself. I'm not all that I want to be but I know it's no one elses fault but my own and I'm working now toward getting there. We all have to start somewhere and adult life is much smoother when we start in our youth.
learn about psychology, and understand that only 2 percent of any race is self motivated or actualized,
if you are self actualized and you think everyone else is,
then follow your mode of thought by all means and see were that takes the young men we are talking about here in the next 20 years.

If your line of reasoning works in making change,
then the scientific modality and rule of logic predicates that we all should follow it,
but if it does not work,
then Einstein had a phrase about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

The NOI have taken thousands and changed their lives around while in prison or before they got there.

Look at Detroit Red

Would the approach you mention or your methodologies have made him change his path?
1-3-Malcolm-Little-18-mugsh.jpg

or did the NOI,
have scientific understanding of the methodologies of social psychology and what the Bible calls the renewing of the mind and what the scholars of Kemet called the KHEPERA

Now ask yourself how many potential Malcolms are out there now

Malcolm is an excellent example. In EVERY situation in his life he choose his path. He choose to be a criminal and he choose the NOI and after the NOI he choose his own path and our people choose to extinguish his light in the universe. There are thousands of young brothers in jail who do NOT choose the NOI and they are given the same approach that Malcolm was given yet they choose to remain criminals. It's about choices, everything is. The knowledge is there, the positive examples surround us but if do otherwise it's because we make the choice to do so.

Malcolm is an excellent example. In EVERY situation in his life he choose his path. He choose to be a criminal and he choose the NOI and after the NOI he choose his own path and our people choose to extinguish his light in the universe. There are thousands of young brothers in jail who do NOT choose the NOI and they are given the same approach that Malcolm was given yet they choose to remain criminals. It's about choices, everything is. The knowledge is there, the positive examples surround us but if do otherwise it's because we make the choice to do so.
Analysis are good, and amachine can observe but what about a solution to the question of the post?

Can you tell the millions of obese women in this nation to just choose and they will sove the problem?
or is there a psychological element that is missing in that approach.

What is the effective approach?

If brow beating and pointing the finger works then fine, but if it does not,

then what?

Analysis are good, and amachine can observe but what about a solution to the question of the post?

Can you tell the millions of obese women in this nation to just choose and they will sove the problem?
or is there a psychological element that is missing in that approach.

What is the effective approach?

If brow beating and pointing the finger works then fine, but if it does not,

then what?
Yes, it IS a choice and you can tell them that. The question is will they LISTEN? Adults who are fat CHOOSE to be that way, I don't buy the whole psychological excuse. They are fat because they eat too much and don't exercise to balance out what they eat. WHY they over eat is irrelevant, they CHOOSE to over eat in response to other issues rather than dealing with those issues.

I have a small belly. I CHOOSE not to do all it takes to get rid of the belly fat out of laziness and I acknowledge this. It's nothing else outside of my own choosing. When I'm truly ready to lose the fat I will do what it takes to do so.

Yes, it IS a choice and you can tell them that. The question is will they LISTEN? Adults who are fat CHOOSE to be that way, I don't buy the whole psychological excuse. They are fat because they eat too much and don't exercise to balance out what they eat. WHY they over eat is irrelevant, they CHOOSE to over eat in response to other issues rather than dealing with those issues.

I have a small belly. I CHOOSE not to do all it takes to get rid of the belly fat out of laziness and I acknowledge this. It's nothing else outside of my own choosing. When I'm truly ready to lose the fat I will do what it takes to do so.
No disrespect brother but where is the solution?

If I point to the moon, why dicuss my finger?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back