Jails / Prisons : How Do We Keep Young Black Men From Going To Prison?

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Since you have done an indebt study and analaysis of white supremacy, you should realize that white people will not be coming to our rescue, they will not be a part of the solution to reducing the number of young black males in our prison system. That being said, it is TOTALLY up to us!!! So, specifically, what can be done By US to reduce the Black prison population? As much as you hate to admit it, the only logical way is to reduce the crime rate, that is our young black males must chose to "Do the right thing" as opposed to doing the wrong thing. The fact is, unless we have less crime/criminals, we will NEVER have less young black men in prison, and rightfully so. Because, as you said, you certainly don't want to turn a blind eye to crime. So, you obviously know we can't have it both ways. So, the bottom line is we must reduce crime.

Brother Full Speed(Ahead:)),

It's been a minute, however I fully endorse the above and enjoyed reading it. We need more like you Full Speed, keep up the pace:), I mean race...Peace In my brother friend, for real!

Brother Full Speed(Ahead:)),

It's been a minute, however I fully endorse the above and enjoyed reading it. We need more like you Full Speed, keep up the pace:), I mean race...Peace In my brother friend, for real!

Hello my brother and friend, yes it has been a minute. Life gets busy from time to time. I appreciate the endorsement. We are all in this thing together.

...you should realize that white people will not be coming to our rescue, they will not be a part of the solution to reducing the number of young black males in our prison system.

Of course I realize it. I mentioned in one of my post how it is in their interest to lock us up. It, the criminal system, makes money and shareholders want a return on their investment.

As much as you hate to admit it, the only logical way is to reduce the crime rate, that is our young black males must chose to "Do the right thing" as opposed to doing the wrong thing.

Yet we, you and I, aren't our young black males, so the question is still, "How Do We Keep Young Black Men From Going To Prison?".

You claim crime to be an economic choice rather than a moral choice

Oh, did I?

...Take a gander at the following:

Selling drugs is an economic based issue, not a moral based one.

All of this being said, I cannot keep all young black men out of prison

No one is charging you with the sole responsibility of doing that, which is why the original poster asked, "How Do We Keep Young Black Men From Going To Prison?".

We need more black fathers who give their young black men the guidance to do the right thing, Giving them the idea that it is understandable that the crimes they commit that victimize other individuals because white supremacy places them in a situation where the have no choice to do right is simply lying to them.

Full Speed, brotha, you are off course like the s.s. minow.

"Understandible", does not mean it is acceptible. 'Kay?

It is not enough to just say don't do the crime.

I hope that brotha's tell their sons why they shouldn't do the crime. And to also explain to their sons that being black, a black male, in this country puts them behind the 8-ball, putting it in proper context.

I hope the brotha's get their sons to understand that committing crime and violence works in the survice of white suprimacy and that we should not do the enemy any favors. Which, yet again, speaks to elevating the level of conciousness in the minds of our young black males and our people, which goes further than to just, say, enter a room full of young brotha's, merely saying to them, 'don't do the crime', then make an exit. That may work with adult males, theoretically mature and have aqcuired real life experience. But with young black males. They need more, for obvious reasons.

Full Speed, brotha, you are off course like the s.s. minow.

"Understandible", does not mean it is acceptible. 'Kay?

It is not enough to just say don't do the crime.

I hope that brotha's tell their sons why they shouldn't do the crime. And to also explain to their sons that being black, a black male, in this country puts them behind the 8-ball, putting it in proper context.

I hope the brotha's get their sons to understand that committing crime and violence works in the survice of white suprimacy and that we should not do the enemy any favors. Which, yet again, speaks to elevating the level of conciousness in the minds of our young black males and our people, which goes further than to just, say, enter a room full of young brotha's, merely saying to them, 'don't do the crime', then make an exit. That may work with adult males, theoretically mature and have aqcuired real life experience. But with young black males. They need more, for obvious reasons.

Let me make sure you understand something. I am not talking theory here. I am talking from experience. Have you raised young black males and led them to a successful, productive life??? I have. Do you even have a son or sons? Does he/them live under your roof? Until you have raise a son and brought him to the point where he is a self-sustaining, self-confident, self-reliant, productive individual who knows how to duplicate that process with his own children, you are ill-prepared to tell me I am off course.

It is clear from your dialogue you HAVE NOT "been there, done that".

You clearly do not understand the terms "Character" and "Integrity". Having "been there, done that" I not only understand these terms, but diligently instilled them into my sons. While these principles are not as common as they should be, they are quickly recognized and rewarded universally. Sure, there is no doubt that a young black man is behind the 8 ball, if you will, but with strong character instilled in them, they can quickly get in front of the 8 ball and surpass their counterparts.

With these principles, as well as other character traits, they are not reliant upon white people for jobs although they will be sought after. They have choices. They can be entreprenurs, or they can be well compansated leaders in the business world. The point is, relative to this tread, that staying out of prison is an automatic benefit of strong character.

Remember, I am not talking theory here, I am talking from real world facts and experience. I doubt very seriously that you can say the same. So, unless, you have some real world experience with raising a son to be a man who does not have to worry about prison, you don't have much you can say to me that would have any real meaning.

The best solution for keeping our young black men out of prison is a father under their roof diligently and daily instilling character into them. Until they have that character and have embraced these values as their own, they need a strong father there kicking their butts and enforcing discipline in their lives.

People like you cannot envision this as being a possibility. Organizations like 100 black men and other groups that make an effort within our community to compensate for the lack of strong fathers in the home of our young black males should be commended for their efforts, but be assured you will find U]very few black men with strong, supportive, fathers who are involved in their DAILY lives sitting behind bars today.[/U]

Did I mention, I am talking from experience. Experience trumps theory everytime.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back