Jails / Prisons : How Do We Keep Young Black Men From Going To Prison?

Let's be honest Black men have not collectively brought a paradigm to Black youth to follow on a collective basis for over 400 years, and until we do then prison will continue to be as the rap songs chant and hynotize;

A rights of passage!

I grew up middle class and saw came back from college and saw young high school brothers, some whose parents owned 2 homes and made well over 6 figures combined,

in jail for multiple homicides, some armed robbery, and some dead.

We realy are not looking at the psychology of this issue, either ours or the youths

We must also be honest with the fact that 85% of all prison inmates are from fatherless homes.

The situation with brothers from stable, two parent households in jail for multiple homicides, robbery, etc is far and away the EXCEPTION rather than the rule.

We must also be honest with the fact that 85% of all prison inmates are from fatherless homes.

The situation with brothers from stable, two parent households in jail for multiple homicides, robbery, etc is far and away the EXCEPTION rather than the rule.
I respect you brother but , I myself would prefer to discuss things that we can change, now if you know a awy to go inside the homes of folks and force brothers to act responsible, or in some cases force the sisters to stop doing what if forceing the brothers away, then present it please,
but here the things that can be done my large masses of the community are and should,
IMHO be paramount,
and as stated before if the Nguzo Saba is instiled at a young age then there will be no brocken homes, but to rail about what you or I cannot change or effect , I don't understand.
Look at the crime wave that had occured in Black universities over guns and drugs during the 80s,
a fad is a fad and no matter how hard parents sacrifice for a child many will go with their peers rather then their parents, and to be honest, I think the president as well as hundreds of thousand of otheryoung Black men from broken homes are not only successful but prosperous and are doing well with good grades in universities as well, and those statistics should be looked at as well

I respect you brother but , I myself would prefer to discuss things that we can change, now if you know a awy to go inside the homes of folks and force brothers to act responsible, or in some cases force the sisters to stop doing what if forceing the brothers away, then present it please,
but here the things that can be done my large masses of the community are and should,
IMHO be paramount,
and as stated before if the Nguzo Saba is instiled at a young age then there will be no brocken homes, but to rail about what you or I cannot change or effect , I don't understand.
Look at the crime wave that had occured in Black universities over guns and drugs during the 80s,
a fad is a fad and no matter how hard parents sacrifice for a child many will go with their peers rather then their parents, and to be honest, I think the president as well as hundreds of thousand of otheryoung Black men from broken homes are not only successful but prosperous and are doing well with good grades in universities as well, and those statistics should be looked at as well

We can change ANYTHING we set our minds to change. The best place to instill ANYTHING into our youth is in a stable home. So, you have created a catch 22. You suggest that instilling Nguzo Saba at a young age will eliminate broken homes, but yet you insist we can do nothing to encourage people to act responsibly. This is a conflict within itself.

Where do you propose we instill Nguzo Saba into our youth, at a public school? Through some government program? Through a church? How do we instill anything into our youth without it being reinforced in the home?

We can change ANYTHING we set our minds to change. The best place to instill ANYTHING into our youth is in a stable home. So, you have created a catch 22. You suggest that instilling Nguzo Saba at a young age will eliminate broken homes, but yet you insist we can do nothing to encourage people to act responsibly. This is a conflict within itself.

Where do you propose we instill Nguzo Saba into our youth, at a public school? Through some government program? Through a church? How do we instill anything into our youth without it being reinforced in the home?
hold up , take a deep breath and relax

point one you brought up future delinquent dads or presently existing ones?

point 2 if you brought up presently existing dead beat dads how do you plan to get somwe one to do something they refuse to?
And explain how as men outside of these families can force these men to return and do the right thing

I would prefer to deal with practical matters and the majority of the beginnings of hip hop were propasgated underground which means anything can, wheter postive or negative

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back