Jails / Prisons : How Do We Keep Young Black Men From Going To Prison?

I am going to step out on a limb here which I fully expect will break. I am amazed by the fact that everyone is so caught up in blaming the system that no one seems to realize that our people can only be exploited by this system when they behave in a manner that is destructive to the collective.

When they sell drugs to our own people, murder our people, assault our people, etc, etc. they are acting in a manner that is hazardous to US. A crime that is committed is not committed unto the one's self. It effects us. Unless a person is innocent of the crime they are incarerated for, they were taken off the street for a negative impact they had upon society.

Why are we not willing to deal with issues within our community which are destructive to us? Why do we blame the system for dealing with those within our community that are destructive to us? We should be handling up on the drug dealers ourselves if we don't want the system to do it. We can't complain against the system that incarcerate those who work to destroy our community then complain because our communities are wrecked.

Those who sell drugs to their own people remind me of the Africans who cooperated & participated with the white man to help him capture and enslave his own people. How can we complain against the system when the people effected by the system are those who act against us????? We can't have it both ways...we can't have healthy, safe, productive neighborhoods while complaining against the only system that separates those who threaten the existance of healthy, safe, and productive neighborhoods from us.

Some interesting stuff on prison and drugs: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/dcf/duc.htm

Now, I did not step out on this limb to draw fire. This is just my OPINION. If your opinion contridicts or conflicts with my opinion I would love to have a civil discussion about it. If you just want to complain or conflict, I'm not interested.
WHAT LIMB BROTHER, PLEASE!!!!

YOU ARE SPEAKING HONESTLY, AND STRONGLY AS A MAN WHO LOVES HIS PEOPLE AND IS TIRED OF THE MESS.

EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS ONE HUNDRED AND TEN PERCENT RIGHT, BUT AS YOU SEE IN THE MEDIA AND ELSEWERE WE ARE RECALCITRANT IN FORMING IN ALL THESE YEARS,
A NATIONAL BLACK ANTI DOPE PROGRAM
ACROSS THIS NATION
OR EVEN DISCUSS CLEANING UP THE CRIME IN OUR COMMUNITIES AS MEN
AND PATROL OUR NEIGHBORHOODS THE WAY THE FRUIT OF ISLAM USED TO
AND THE BLACK PANTHER PARTY RISKED THEIR LIVES TO DO.

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PROUD OF YOUR STATEMENT,
AND AS YOU SAY WE NEED TO DISCUSS THIS SERIOUSLY AND ON A REGULAR BASIS.

OUR YOUNG PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE JUST AN AFTER THOUGHT

WHAT LIMB BROTHER, PLEASE!!!!

YOU ARE SPEAKING HONESTLY, AND STRONGLY AS A MAN WHO LOVES HIS PEOPLE AND IS TIRED OF THE MESS.

EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS ONE HUNDRED AND TEN PERCENT RIGHT, BUT AS YOU SEE IN THE MEDIA AND ELSEWERE WE ARE RECALCITRANT IN FORMING IN ALL THESE YEARS,
A NATIONAL BLACK ANTI DOPE PROGRAM
ACROSS THIS NATION
OR EVEN DISCUSS CLEANING UP THE CRIME IN OUR COMMUNITIES AS MEN
AND PATROL OUR NEIGHBORHOODS THE WAY THE FRUIT OF ISLAM USED TO
AND THE BLACK PANTHER PARTY RISKED THEIR LIVES TO DO.

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PROUD OF YOUR STATEMENT,
AND AS YOU SAY WE NEED TO DISCUSS THIS SERIOUSLY AND ON A REGULAR BASIS.

OUR YOUNG PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE JUST AN AFTER THOUGHT
bumped back up, for need of furher input

... I am amazed by the fact that everyone is so caught up in blaming the system that no one seems to realize that our people can only be exploited by this system when they behave in a manner that is destructive to the collective.
Okay, but I'd like to ask you, how did 'we' get that way as you've expressed?

When they sell drugs to our own people, murder our people, assault our people, etc, etc. they are acting in a manner that is hazardous to US. A crime that is committed is not committed unto the one's self. It effects us. Unless a person is innocent of the crime they are incarerated for, they were taken off the street for a negative impact they had upon society.

As the saying go, "you can tell a tree by the fruit it bares", or something like that. I say that to say this:

Being that amerikkka's foundation was founded on violence and crime, then how can one be so surprised that it's inhabitants are acting by way in which this country was founded on?

Why are we not willing to deal with issues within our community which are destructive to us?

Part of it has to do with the fact that we are dealing with the problem in a linear means instead of taking a holistic approach.

Why do we blame the system for dealing with those within our community that are destructive to us? We should be handling up on the drug dealers ourselves if we don't want the system to do it.

I believe it's because we've gotten away from the "village raising the child" concept and adopted that flawed "rugged individual" pedagogy imposed on us by europeans when the european in his goal of conquest and domination didn't exercise that concept.

We can't complain against the system that incarcerate those who work to destroy our community then complain because our communities are wrecked.

Sure we can.

For as bad as we have it we don't need any help making it worse.

Those who sell drugs to their own people remind me of the Africans who cooperated & participated with the white man to help him capture and enslave his own people.

With all due respect, to equate the two is a flawed means of approaching the situation. For starters, drug dealing, which I staunchly oppose, is and economic issue. Afrikans, unwittingly for the most part, participating in the slave trade was not. I say unwittingly for the afrikans role in slavery had to do with:

1) Giving their prisoners of war to the europeans. Which would make since, for one wouldn't have to feed/care them, the prisoners, or worry about a revolt. And also get goods in return.

2) Europeans introduced kidnap-ransom to the afrikans, for instance, If a king's son was kidnapped and in order for the king to get his son, he has to go snatch up some afrikans (usually rival afrikan nations), and bring to the europeans in return for his son.

3) The ultimatum. We can agree that the europeans had a military advantage. The gun and the canon. And with those means of ordinance, afrikans found themselves in a position of either being taken into slavery or helping in the institution. Right or wrong, lets not act like the law of self-preservation is beyond us.

4) Uncle Toms, transcend time and culture. The judenrat, which is essentially a jew uncle tom, worked with nazi's in the extermination of european jews.

How can we complain against the system when the people effected by the system are those who act against us?????

The "system" that affected the people, should take a back seat to the people "effected by the system"? Help me out here.

If by system, you are talking about the system that the european is operating? Well if so, marimba ani said it best when she said:

"The secret Europeans discovered early in their history is that culture carries rules for thinking, and that if you could impose your culture on your victims you could limit the creativity of their vision, destroying their ability to act with will and intent and in their own interest."

We can't have it both ways...we can't have healthy, safe, productive neighborhoods while complaining against the only system that separates those who threaten the existance of healthy, safe, and productive neighborhoods from us.

What does, in your opinion, the "system' comprise of? To the degree that we as a nation is immersed in serious tribulations. You keep going back to the "system", which suggest, to me at least, that that is where are focus should be... on the "system".

Now, I did not step out on this limb to draw fire.

Sure you did.

And it's cool, for we have to grapple with these issues, opinions and all, if we are to get out of the predicament we find ourselves in.

Configure our lives around them. Love them. Guide them.
Remove them from the main stream.. and when they ask "why?",
tell them: "because it's too shallow.. with too many sharp
rocks.. because I know where it leads.. and I can do nothing to
protect you there"

Tell them, "I have prepared for you a pond of fresh water..
a place where you can grow and learn.. where you can dive
and dive.. deeper and deeper.. where you can grow strong
and build your stamina.. and thicken your skin.. where you
can prepare your body for the brutality of that main stream..
"

Tell them that.. and mean it.. and do it. Reconfigure your life
around them.. do whatever you have to, to save them. show
them that love is an action word. don't keep it real with them..
keep them. protect them. train them. hold them to a standard
beyond Gold.​

Configure our lives around them. Love them. Guide them.
Remove them from the main stream.. and when they ask "why?",
tell them: "because it's too shallow.. with too many sharp
rocks.. because I know where it leads.. and I can do nothing to
protect you there"

Tell them, "I have prepared for you a pond of fresh water..
a place where you can grow and learn.. where you can dive
and dive.. deeper and deeper.. where you can grow strong
and build your stamina.. and thicken your skin.. where you
can prepare your body for the brutality of that main stream..
"

Tell them that.. and mean it.. and do it. Reconfigure your life
around them.. do whatever you have to, to save them. show
them that love is an action word. don't keep it real with them..
keep them. protect them. train them. hold them to a standard
beyond Gold.​

skuderjaymes ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

oh my gosh ... the words above are SOOOO BEAUTIFUL !!!! SO MOVING !!!!

Thank you for sharing them, for joining us, and for providing answers! Thank You! :bowdown:

Please make yourself right at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back