Black Spirituality Religion : How do we defeat the BIBLE Brainwashing?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by A007, Jul 30, 2008.

1. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    I can see that intelligent, well meaning, well studied people are having a tough time erasing the indoctrination of the Bible. It is clear that facts, science, and logic are not sufficient in helping our brothers and sisters understand that the bible is not the word of God. So...does anyone have a more effective way of freeing our brothers and sisters from the bonage of their respective "Bibles"..i.e. Bible, Torah, Qur'an, Scientology, etc.??

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Nope, let the mentally dead stay deceased.

3. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Well, helping people to understand the bible allegorical instead of it literal interpretation can free their mind from deception. If you are claiming to be a person that wants to help the African family and you refused to teach your brothers and sisters that the bible contain symbolic meanings then you probably don't care about them in the first place.

The bible stated that the people are dying because of a lack of knowledge…. So teach them…

And if they don’t listen then the dead will buried the dead…

4. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    I constantly ask myself the same question, the vast spectrum of differing opinions arising from one book is astounding (though there are reasons for this, but that is another thread for another day).

A few months ago, before I left Christianity, I would have welcomed a spiritually progressive discussion but now, I will engage merely to gauge Christian's understanding of their beliefs. It is my sincere hope that you will not find this offensive, but an open discussion without any ill intent.

Tell me, A007, when you state the Bible is the 'word of God', which god are your referring to? The term 'god' is a title. Case in point, I am a woman, therefore I go by the title Miss (single and unmarried) but I have a name assigned to me, which people use when directly referring to me. Now when you say god, are you referring to Yahweh? The Bible clearly states he is one of the sons of the Most High. Who are the other sons? who is the Most High?

Incidentally, Allah is also the name of the god over Islam, a fact that Muslims will vehemently deny but abit of research will show that Christians and Muslims worship entirely different deities.

Read 1 Cor.8: 5.
    "For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), (6) yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

I look forward to hearing your interpretation of the above verse as well as usage of the word 'god' and 'word of god'

Additionally, the Word of the LORD GOD is not a book, Jesus, the firstborn of all creation is the word of the LORD GOD. It clearly states so in Genesis, where it is written that in the Beginning, the word was with the LORD GOD.

Peace
    Amazon1979

5. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    I say the bible is NOT the word of "God". When I refer to "God" it is a generic term for our creator. I also consider the term "most high" as generic. They are adjectives not proper names. Because we don't have a specific word of God in reference to the proper name...any and all references to the creator are generic constructions of man's primitive knowledge of the "creator".

Amazon, I agree that the word of God is not a book. However, I also know that the word of God is not Yeshua. The plain (yet scary) fact is that there IS NO word of God other that what we (individually) take from meditation, study, logic, science, and discovery.

Question: Who invented the wheel?

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother A007 ... Peace and Blessings.

I think the way to convince others that you are right, and they are wrong, is to simply live your life right.

It doesn't matter what the right or wrong is. It could be lying. How do we defeat lying? By not lying. Each individual person must come to this conclusion themselves, inside of their own selves, that lying is detrimental to their overall well-being ... and once they are convinced of that ... waaahlaaa ... (hopefully) ... they will strive to be truthful.

So too is it with the Bible, and all things.

Once individuals believe inside their own selves, that it is not right, they will begin to move toward where ever right is.

I believe i've said this before, as a matter of fact, i'm sure i have ... that these revelations, if you will, come to all of us at different times in our lives. It may take more examples, convincing, etc., for one, than it does another. What helps me be patient with our people, when it comes to any thing that i believe is wrong, that we collectively partake in ... is for me to always remember, when i was in the very same place, believing the very same thing ... the love and patience that was shown to me, as i traveled on my own personal journey of healing and truth, is what brought me through. I remember how slow i was. I remember how scared i was, to learn that all i had believed, and all those that before me had believed, was not true. The shock of it all. The time it took to simply get over the shock, and muster the courage to even evaluate the information that was put before me. The possible ramifications of throwing out all that had been given to me, or most of it, for what appeared to be a new truth. The fear. I remember all of that, and in so doing, it allows me to be very patient with my people ... for my people have been very patient with me.

How do we defeat anything ... it all begins with self, each providing that one right example, and letting God do the rest.

For ultimately, we only have control over self.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

7. YungMiss

YungMiss Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +7
    No Brainwashing people are brainwashed enough as it is..sigh.. I guess we just have to let things sort themselves out.. no one will ever be on the same page sadly.. so I guess your best bet is to surround yourself with those who are on the same page as you.. and live life...

8. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    The Bible is good for some.

9. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    although I'm not one for organized religion I have no problem with it along as it serves it's purpose to make an individual better. The problem with most of our church houses in America is that it is not improving people's situations. I think we defeat the brainwashing by opening up our minds and being critical thinkers about all aspects of religion. I think there's a lot of beauty in the bible that is very relevant to the times we're living in, and I feel that it's more important that we focus on how it relates to us rather than "being a good christian and trying to get to heaven"..............

10. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Yeah, for occult practitioners