Black People : How Do We Become Proactive?

happy69

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 3, 2002
We have to admit that mass immigration is taking it's toll on the black community. I don't know how many stories I have read that say just that. I know that it has had many affects on the White community too... much more than probably is noted; if you take for instance the number of anti-immigrant organizations that have sprung up all over the country- although I find some more racist; they all mostly lament on how this has taken a toll moreso on us, African-Americans... now whether or not you believe the sincerity of these arguments, it is up to you....
But, it behooves me to understand why we are not more proactive- today- in the face of this.
White America is being smart about it.... why are we not?
If we are affected- and we are...
Whites have law suits against Tyson Chicken... and South Central Bell in FLA...
All over California, Whites are taking action against the influx, by moving out of neighborhoods...hell, leaving Cali... if you go to American Patrol.Com, you will find at least 5 of the the websites on the links page are from there.... and immigration has infiltrated the black areas more????
Hell, there is also a group that is suing President Bush for his inaction on this influx...
So, why are we not more proactive?
I don't mean we have to be racists--- like many Mexicans are about Blacks (again this is superficial on my part, this is just from discussions... and reading)....
1. If you lose your job, sue... you don't blame the immigrant, but the company
2. Refuse to do business where we are not included--- or if it is heavily immigrant
(in Oregon, I think, or Seattle--- Whites refuse to buy houses built with mostly or all immigrants (and they are bold enough to say legal or illegal))
3. Get our kids back in hand; and our communities, and have some say on who comes in... and keep our kids away from people who have ill contentions about them....
4. Look out for ourselves first.... I'm so tired of us always bringing someone else along for the ride.... for example, I will use the entertainment industry:
Spike Lee had to bring Rosie Perez along.... I have read some derogatory things that she has said about Blacks
Puffy had to help JLo-- and Black folk still trying to claim her.... they put her on the black beauty list; and she stated that she was not (and she was right!)... they said her music was "black" and the PR said that it was Spanish!!! And I know, we still don't get it.... and no, it didn't bother me about her Nig- reference to Puffy (he acts like one); but come on in the context of the song, and where she grew up etc.... we knew what she meant...
John Leguizamo, hangs around, still waiting for his real break, and then as usual it's adios negritos....
And what about all those Hispanics in videos????
Another one; why do Black politicians always include Hispanics with us... you never hear Asians doing that or Whites; not even their "kinfolk" Indians--- why?

I mean, to be proactive, does not mean that we have to be racist, or anything like that - we have to look out for number one first- that's us....
We are the only ones talking about coalitioning with other groups... while everyone else is coalitioning with themselves.

We have to unite. In everyway, I don't know what is taking us so long to open our eyes to this.

Am I off base? What are your suggestions? Can we be proactive, to protect our own interests?

Activism can be passive and aggressive...

We all should start with our families and then spread abroad...

Before integration, we were all bound by a common thread, racism. Racism is still here but since we have made gains in certain areas, some feel it no longer exists.

In Atlanta, many middle and upper middle income Blacks are doing a self-imposed segregation. They prefer to live in neighborhoods with people who look like them. Of course, comes the accusation from whites that Blacks don't want to mingle.

All in all, I feel Blacks are tired of trying to make whites feel comfortable around them and are doing their own thing.

Hello Everyone:

Sorry that I have been away; well I am still away, and checking in on things.

We have to get proactive and think about our own self-interests-as a people.

You can affiliate yourself with any political party... your economic and/or social status can be whatever it is... and guess what- we are still African-American people 34 million strong...

Regina... it is basically the same in Louisiana- there are some of the most beautiful Af-Am neighborhoods that you would want to see.... and the myth that property values etc,... decrease is just that- a myth... but there is absolutely nothing wrong with us wanting to be around and with us... I live in such a neighborhood; and come from such a place..... and I love it. It is quiet... everyone keeps up their yards and everything, and we all sleep well at night...
There is nothing wrong with living around other kinds of people; hell, where I come from- a middle-classed neighborhood; there are still plenty of whites there... who want the place to stay as nice as it has been; and just to be fair, I also think that Section 8 has taken a toll on our neighborhoods too... and it is time for us to take it back....
My problem is with Af-Ams who don't know any better; or perpetuate the myths of black neighborhoods... then they move out to places with mostly whites--- then complain about the way that they are treated when they get there! Or you write off Black schools and colleges (by the way 98% of them are top-notched) and most of our people who want leadership come from them- both dems and repubs.... and catch hell, then you expect us as a community to come in pat your head and say, "What racists they are!" I am tired of that. God, I may be wrong but it happens, racism will not end; and when our kids are faced with that kind of situation-- they are so ill-prepared these days... but that is another story, to face it... and we report it... but I have gotten to the point whereby I say... you went there; not because it was better, but because you perceived it as better.... so get a thick skin and deal... those of us who understand our history know that our foremothers and forefathers went through all that with pride to make it better and easier for us.... and that self-love is the number one ingredient in fighting this kind of bs... and it is sad that some don't know.

We have things that we need to work on to get to where we want to be.... environment; economic; social--- with each other.... and tell me that we won't rock things..... we are walking around lost right now- and still we are being sought out--- it is sad that some of us don't understand the kind of power, we have... it is sad; or we wouldn't be wasting time on trivialities and deal with the things that we need to as a people; and a counteractive measure to immigration is one of them.... and it is so easy...
but we don't know.

I love y'all; have a good one!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back