How do u spell R-E-L-I-E-F from STRESS ???

Don't delete for that reason

Sister Akilah, it's unfortunate that you deleted your comments that sparked this thread because no one replied. I've learned that sometimes, eventually, people come around and do, like me.

Although I don't know what direction you were taking the discussion, I believe that this is a very important topic for us to discuss because more and more of us--adults and children--are suffering from negative stress.

Stress is mentioned in other threads here and I recall it being the topic of discussion in one of our most well attended Sister Chats recently. During that discussion series we learned how harmful negative stress can be to our health and discovered several reasons that can cause stress.

Many of the situations that we face on a day-to-day basis weigh down on us, from the simple to the complex. Our interactions with others can cause stress. We can stress ourselves when our expectations may be unreasonably high of others and ourselves.

In terms of RELIEF--we talked about a variety of ways and means we can implement to help relieve us of stressful situations. Some of the more obvious things we can do for physical stress are taking relaxing baths, physical exercises and body massages. For the mind--meditation and prayer, discovering quiet time absent of external noises and interruptions. Some not so obvious remedies could be learning how to speak up and out about things that disturb us and not hold things inside. Becoming more politically active to counter racism and unequal treatment. Making a conscious and deliberate effort to separate ourselves from people who bring negative energy into our lives because it drains you.

Those are just a few things I think we can do to spell relief from negative stress.

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

Thank you so much Sister Queenie and Brother Manasia for responding to the thread :thanks:

Queenie, I know that you are right... I shouldn't have been so hasty to delete it, but I just figured that folk weren't interested in the topic.

Basically what I had asked is for folk to list some of the techniques that they personally, or somebody that they know well, use to reduce stress in
this harried existence :uhoh: we call life ... with an emphasis on the positive and healthsome.

Much Thanks,
Akilah :sand:

Akilah said:
Thank you so much Sister Queenie and Brother Manasia for responding to the thread :thanks:

Queenie, I know that you are right... I shouldn't have been so hasty to delete it, but I just figured that folk weren't interested in the topic.

Basically what I had asked is for folk to list some of the techniques that they personally, or somebody that they know well, use to reduce stress in
this harried existence :uhoh: we call life ... with an emphasis on the positive and healthsome.

Much Thanks,
Akilah :sand:

:jumping: Well ifen you still be axing...for it me it's meditation...deep meditation in the bible. There is a power in this which can not be describe with words. I also enjoy going to the park by the ocean with my pitbull, Noah. He enjoys swimming and chasing sea gulls and I must admit, it is so relaxing to watch him enjoy the simplicity of a thing called life.

Joyce

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true,
Whatever things are noble,
Whatever things are just,
Whatever things are pure,
Whatever things are lovely,
Whatever things are of good report,
If there is any virtue and
If there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me,
These do, and the God of peace will be with you. :spinn:

Philippians 4:8-9

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back