Black People : How do I get out of sticky situation?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by me4themind, Apr 27, 2004.

1. me4themind

me4themind Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you break up with someone who threatens you when you say you want to just be friends?

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hello me4themind! :wave: Welcome to our community. You sure did arrive with a very tough question though. If your life or well-being is being threatened by someone, then you may want to give serious consideration to seeing a professional for advice and assistance. If you're a woman (I'm sorry I didn't check to see before I started posting this response), you may want to investigate whether a woman's shelter is available in your community. I'm sure there will be someone there who is trained in addressing these kinds of issues. If you're a man, I'm not sure if there are shelters like those for women that you can seek assistance from, but you might want to look into it or find someone who is a certified family counselor or maybe even seek help from the pastor of your church if you attend one.

It's true that for many, breaking up is hard to do, but it doesn't have to be life threatening. Good luck!

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    short and simple
    call the law get a order of protection !
    if one can't be friends then so be it .
    perfessional help of the law is the answer

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Welcome to Destee me4themind:

First I'd like to tell you that you've made the right decision in leaving this person. If they are threating to harm you, not only do you "not" need to be with them....you don't need to be friends either. If you are in school...then you should tell your principle, counselors, and school security. If you are out of school, contact the police (in fact you might want to do this even if you are in school). Also you should try to have friends around you and not travel alone..so you don't leave yourself more vunerable to attack. Good Luck & God Bless.

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    BUy you a pistol. Get a concealed weapons permit. And then when they come around your house with that BS, Bust off in Self Defense, you will not be prosecuted because it was on your property.

Or

You can get a restraining order against the person. Change your numbers and try to hide and avoid them as much as possible.

Or

Breakup with them and just express your concern for your safety them, and they might just listen.

At any rate, you got to break up baby. Violence is not condusive of a stable relationship.

Just a thought.

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Oh my...

Brother Manasia C...ummmm...your first bit of advice about the pistol might be best taken as the final straw if all else fails? Oh my goodness I read that and almost fell out my chair laughing but I know you were serious! Whew! I sure hope it doesn't come to that but I do believe wholeheartedly in self-defense. I sure hope the person is smart and sees fit to stay away and leave me4themind alone!

Good advice though!

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

7. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Manasiac, ...in the dog house you go :court: ...now if memory serves me right, there's no such thing as "self-defence" ...at lease not here where I live. and besides, a gun is not always the answer to everything.

NNQueen...after reading your reply, I took the liberty to go into the profile, but to no avail...there wasn't a gender on there, so I have no clue if this is a male or female. Which slightly makes a difference.

me4themind...everything happens for a reason, there may be a few factors as to why he/she maybe passing out threads to you...but only you know. Although there is no sound reasoning for threads put upon anyone. I wholeheartedly agree with the rest in saying ...go to the authoritys, get a restraining order, more than once if need be. That way it clears you of any future problems that may come up. here's hoping he/she gracefully walk away.
    Thanks for sharing...and hoping for the best.

Manasiac...make sure you go straight to the dog house :court: ...and stay there, til you hear from me !!! :lol:

8. me4themind

me4themind Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx everyone

Thank you all for your advice. I've spoken to the gentleman and he states that it was said out of anger and he didn't really mean it as a threat. However, I still have my guards up.

Thanx again :look:

9. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Okay, ...now we know that you are a female, Hi :wave: and welcome again.
    glad to hear that things did work their self out, never the less...do not drop your guards...it's always better to be safe...than sorry.