Black People : How do black men feel about Polyandry?

I disagree. I don't equate monogamy with selfishness. Besides, even if you had five wives, you would still be upset if you found out one of them was sleeping with another man. A man's ego and pride would still be bruised, even with 4 other faithful women waiting for him at home.

You've just proved my point! No one in this thread has focused on how children in polygamous families benefit from having more than one mother, learn at an early age to focus on community over self, the pooling of resources.. i could go, but everybody is focusing on sex..lol.

And i did not state monogamy equates to selfishness, I said the American culture is VERY incompatible with polygamy.

*********disclaimer************

For the one who wants to know: I did not come from a polygamous family, but I might as well have because my father(rip) had children outside the marriage which my mother was well aware of. However, I have very close friends who come from this kind family, and not all of them are from Africa..lol.

another myth shattered! shocking:SuN049:

You started out claiming that Americans focus on sex to much when it comes to polyandry and polygamy. People who disagree with you and state their point for why they disagree with you such as "I disagree. I don't equate monogamy with selfishness" automatically proves your point? :10500:

It was you who chose to take the second part of that comment out of context.

Can't we just refocus, if you want to discuss the benefits of polygamy, be my guest but at least discuss the benefits or non benefits of polyandry as well. I think both systems are beneficial and I am not just talking about the obvious sex involved either between one man and multiple women, or one woman and multiple men :laugh:

Seriously tho, can we all just have a mature conversation with out all of the sarcasm and one upmanship?

W.I.P :whip:

I think it is fruitless for Americans particularly Black Americans to discuss the implementation of Polygyny or Polyandry in the black community.

If it is fruitless for Americans particularly Black Americans to discuss ... what is it after you add to it ... and why would you add to a fruitless discussion?

:heart:

Destee

If it is fruitless for Americans particularly Black Americans to discuss ... what is it after you add to it ... and why would you add to a fruitless discussion?

:heart:

Destee

hmm, good question, it would be interesting to hear the answer but judging from the obvious, it doesn't look like there will be a response.

W.I.P :whip:

I disagree. I don't equate monogamy with selfishness. Besides, even if you had five wives, you would still be upset if you found out one of them was sleeping with another man. A man's ego and pride would still be bruised, even with 4 other faithful women waiting for him at home.

What about a woman who practices polyandry, what are your thoughts on that? Do you not think that a womans ego would feel bruised if one of her men crept out on her, even thought she had four other faithful men at home waiting for her?

W.I.P
:whip:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back