Black Spirituality Religion : How Do Atheists Feel About Non-Abrahamic "Religions"?

Thank you for the clarification. I guess it's one of those existential or epistemological things I sit around wondering about.

It would really be fascinating to see if there was a way for people to actually experience different religions like a full on adherent for a short amount of time.

I feel you bro.

Ok, I was under the impression that you were saying that the speed of sound is constant regardless of the medium. If it's not too much to ask, what specific religion are you??

Sure, I practice a synthesized aspect of ATR (African Traditional Religion), consisting of mostly Kemetic and Akan ways. Some Vodun as well.

Further, I honor some Buddhist ways, and practice Yoga.

"In brightest day, in Blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight"...................you know the rest!!!

Beware my power!!

Spinoza does a good job of using a reasonable definition of anthropomorphism, and it's just a concept that describes the properties of a lot of human spiritual systems. If you want to see it from Egyptians themselves, look at the depictions of their deities:

La_Tombe_de_Horemheb_cropped.jpg

egyptian_papyrus_art_final_judgment_light_background.jpg

Can you actually reconcile these examples with what Spinoza thinks about anthropomorphism and Khemetic spiritual beliefs?

Based on what I read from the link you provided:

For Spinoza, our universe (cosmos) is a mode under two attributes of Thought and Extension. God has infinitely many other attributes which are not present in our world.

This is the very core of Kemetic Theology. I mentioned this in my earlier posts, regarding Shu and Tefnut, but you seemed to have ignored it.

Also, the anthropomorphized aspects of divinity are symbolic. The Divine Presence in the universe manifests itself thru and as Man, because Man is the vessel by which these emanations are best understood.

Africans and other indigenous cultures have always used animal totems as a part of their spiritual systems. This is not new. According to Metu Neter (which I mentioned, but you also ignored) these animal headed/bodied Deities represent the based level aspects of Man's Spirit/Soul. The Mammalian and Reptilian parts of the brain.

That's a pretty arbitrary constraint. You'll conveniently use what "White science" says when you're trying to do things like present the view of an ordered universe, but if it actually comes to evaluating something that might not agree with you it gets dismissed as white and therefore bad an evil. You can't have it both ways, and expect to be taken seriously.

I don't have a problem with science overall. White folks did not create science, contrary to popular belief. But how it is gone about, is in fact largely European. Are you familiar with aspects and practices of ancient African (and even Asian/Oriental) Science?

Because the "White" version is what you seem to readily quote and cite here. Hawking, Einstein, Spinoza, etc. Where are the ancient (and even contemporary) Black scientists that you would cite? Diop and such? Imhotep?

Are you familiar with aspects and practices of ancient African (and even Asian/Oriental) Science?
Because the "White" version is what you seem to readily quote and cite here. Hawking, Einstein, Spinoza, etc.
Where are the ancient (and even contemporary) Black scientists that you would cite? Diop and such? Imhotep?
my impression that homie has made the decision that only white guys thought is valid. all else is suspect.
his mind is not open. (even though the mind is our connection to the spirit world) when ones mind is closed there is no use to continue.
he rejects each and every black description of the universe. he always will.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back