Black Spirituality Religion : How Do Atheists Feel About Non-Abrahamic "Religions"?

SAMURAI36

BANNED
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
Whenever I hear/read atheists' views on religion, they are usually commenting on the God of the Bible, and/or the 3 Abrahamic religions: Judiasm, Christ-insanity, and Islam. Rarely do I ever hear where atheists are addressing non-Abrahamic beliefs, like Buddhism, or Taoism, or African beliefs.

I share in the atheist perspective against the Abrahamic faiths. IMO, they are destructive and non-sensical.

However, as an adherent of African spiritual beliefs, which are not "theistic" in nature, but rather deistic, where does the line get drawn for atheists?

The word "atheist" means "not theist". Thus, since I am more deist than anything, technically I could be considered "atheist" as well.

Any thoughts?

For me, it doesn't matter if they're Abrahamic or not.

I find the same short-comings when someone tries to pass them off as literal truth instead of myth, philosophy, and/or literature.

Do they vary in influence or negative things they've contributed to human history? Sure, but I'm not about to base my life entirely on any of them blindly.

For me, it doesn't matter if they're Abrahamic or not.

I find the same short-comings when someone tries to pass them off as literal truth instead of myth, philosophy, and/or literature.

Okay, so can you list some short comings that you have found with, say.... Buddhism? Or Kemetic spirituality?

Do they vary in influence or negative things they've contributed to human history? Sure, but I'm not about to base my life entirely on any of them blindly.

Yes, to blindly follow anything is absurd. But that is not in contention here. My question is more along the lines of careful inspection of various spiritual systems.

Okay, so can you list some short comings that you have found with, say.... Buddhism? Or Kemetic spirituality?

Buddhist has countless permutations, but the founding cosmology is pretty terrible.

As far as Kemetic spirituality is concerned, it's going to have to get more specific, but I have not encountered anything substantial enough to make me consider it a perfect and universal truth. From the different versions I have seen, I've encountered whacky things like considering human beings as nothing more than energy and asserting governing agency in the Universe as well.

Yes, to blindly follow anything is absurd. But that is not in contention here. My question is more along the lines of careful inspection of various spiritual systems.

Do you have any spiritual systems you believe would stand up to science or reason any better than the big three do?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back