Black People : How Did You Avoid Being a Sheeple - while eating the same food they provide to us all ?

Here is another definition.

(derogatory slang) People who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their political leaders say or who adopt popular opinion as their own without scrutiny.

http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/sheeple

Thus, it's inaccurate to label those among us who do question and do not accept as true whatever our political leaders say or those of us who scrutinize our political leadership.

By these definitions, those so question or scrutinize Black "leaders" are NOT sheeple.

Folks can twist the meaning to suit their own understanding but it does not apply generally to those who THINK and act independently.

Am I off? Someone let me know. I may be missing something here.
I'm amenable to explanation.

TY...

.. I'll let Destee tell me if I completely missed her point.

I believe I understand after several reviews, but I want for clarification.

Brother Shikamaru ... i'm with Brother RAPTOR ... your definition was fine with me.

I posted a link to the same link / definition ... though it seems folk tend to massage it as they see fit.

Eating is a most pointed herd-like behavior, given it's basically all sheep do ... though rarely mentioned.

Folk don't wanna count it, talk about it, nuth'n ... 'cause they do it ... i think ... :nails:

We all eat, are herded toward, what is provided for us to eat, much like sheep. Whatcha think? :)

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I have never used the word sheeple, and though I see why some may use it. I don’t see any one here as being excluded from it’s meaning. If one has grown up in western culture and still functions within it’s parameters, one is a sheep. Jesus was a sheep herder, he set the bases for our domestication. The greeks/romans refined this enculturation, and here we are. Regurgitating the same manure for 2800 years.

I have never used the word sheeple, and though I see why some may use it. I don’t see any one here as being excluded from it’s meaning. If one has grown up in western culture and still functions within it’s parameters, one is a sheep. Jesus was a sheep herder, he set the bases for our domestication. The greeks/romans refined this enculturation, and here we are. Regurgitating the same manure for 2800 years.

It's not, by definition, functioning within its parameters, but THINKING within its parameters.

Is there anyone here who KNOWS the difference?

It's not, by definition, functioning within its parameters, but THINKING within its parameters.

Is there anyone here who KNOWS the difference?

My brother I do know the difference. but domestication by degree is still domestication. You and I can't extricate ourselves from this. Even if we both think and practice differently from the masses. I love that you think outside of the box, but we both think within the parameters of this culture.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back