Black People : How Did You Avoid Being a Sheeple - while eating the same food they provide to us all ?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I have heard folk call us sheeple often, speaking as if they are not one too, and it baffles me.

How can one determine others are sheeple, while eating the same government food the rest of us do?

Is there an act greater than willingly and physically swallowing and ingesting, that makes one a sheeple?

I'm confused ... can someone help me please?

How are only some of us sheeple, when we all eat the food?

:heart:

Destee

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I'm afraid I'm a little behind the times. I've never heard the term "sheepie" before. You'll have to break it down for for me. :11200:

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    being classified as sheep has way more to do with following the prevalent pack mentality than eating food...imho
    for example...i consider people who follow religion blindly sheep....

one love
    khasm

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    OK, thanks. I had the impression that it had to do entirely with eating, as I took sister Destee's comment literally.
    Personally, I've never been a follower, not even as a child. You could "double dare" me until the sky fell, and I'd always so my thing my way.
    But I guess that even though we are all being fed the same slop to eat doesn't mean that we have to eat it as is. Look at the slaves. Our ancestors took the table scraps and parts of the animal that whites considered garbage, and made them into wholesome meals. Not only that, but today, white people pay top dollar at a restaurant for it.
    So if you just take your time to examine the info the government puts out, you'll be able to use it in a way that benefits "you", the individual, and not just accept it at face value. If you don't, then you're destined to a have a white wool coat that in the end will be fleeced.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Wikipedia's meaning : a term that highlights the herd behavior of people by likening them to sheep, a herd animal.

Now, i know generally folk aren't talking about eating, but this term is thrown around so loosely, by folk who are doing the same thing they call others sheeple about ... and i wanna look at it more pointedly ... in a big picture way.

If herd behavior is key, don't we all herd to the grocery store or wherever we get the food they provide?

The same folk that partake in this herd behavior, will call other people sheeple for doing even less.

Even with your example Brother Khasm ... using it regarding religion ... it's much easier to evaluate someone's herd eating habits, than they're religion ... as what is in a person's heart or soul isn't quite as obvious. Even with this being the case, they'll be called sheeple, while those who herd to wherever they've laid the food out for us, aren't.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

We're using vague, abstract, unmeasurable things to label people sheeple, while skipping over the most tangible, physical evidence of us all being what could easily be considered sheeple like behavior.

How we skip over the more obvious behaviors, to accuse and judge based on the less obvious ones?

If we're not counting eating their food like herded animals, trusting and believing they won't kill us with the next bite, how can we count anything as sheeple like behavior?

I'm asking because i'm sick of hearing black folk just as bound as the rest of us, call others, sheeple.

It's kraziness to me.

:heart:

Destee

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    :11100:well, you know, some of us feel we smarter than them other negroes…...

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Don't follow the herd or the "rat pack".

It's known as thinking for and doing what is in one's best interest.

8. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I've found that most people throw this word around when they can't defend their position clearly, and when they want to intentionally insult. We all believe in something, which means we can all be called a sheep based on what we believe, or don't believe. SO this is why I really don't see the logic in using this word.

It's a sword that cuts both ways....

Peace!

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    and i don't eat beef or pork so i don't eat what the masses normally eat...lol
    just to throw that in there....

one love
    khasm

10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    [email protected]..I took you as a bacon man myself...:lol:

Peace!