Black Money Business Jobs : HOW DID WE LOSE BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES?

Question: Would it not be better for us who aspire to be business owners to focus on delivering great value, product and marketing to consumers instead of focusing on whether the business is "black" or not?
:11200:so you can't do both ?

This may sound strange BUT...a college education had significant impact on the decline of black-owned businesses. Here's what I mean by that.

During an agricultural economy, Black people were more resourceful and entrepreneurial. We farmed land, raised animals, made clothes, stored and sold produce to local buyers. There were things we needed done to us and for us and we learned those skills and provided them to our own people because that's what we had to do to maintain. Our education taught us the basics needed in most of these situations...arithmetic, reading were the most important skills you could have and we know all too well that it used to be against the law to teach Black people those skills. Cooking, sewing, washing clothes were taught at home and could also be used outside the home as jobs working for white people, including blacksmithing and farming. Before integration was legal, we got educated in crafts and professions that were put to good use, even as doctors and lawyers and shop owners.

Industrial economy...education is now legal for Blacks and we went off to college. Why? Because we are smart people, we are inquisitive and innovative. We were encouraged to get more education especially now that we are generations long as Americans and planned to remain here. Some of us took that knowledge and applied it broadly as educators, scientists and even politicians. But what college did for the masses of Black people was to teach us how to work outside the home in industry. The white business owner took our many inventions and used them in their new factories where we ended up working...punching a time clock, earning an hourly wage, getting paid by the week without benefits and as the population grew, so did the attraction of working for corporations that guaranteed pay and thus the growth of urban cities. Our younger generation of Black people liked the fast pace and excitement of urban America and began leaving the slower pace rural cities behind along with our sense of purpose and economic understanding. We began to live for the weekend.

For the most part, college teaches us how to work for others, not ourselves. Look at what we major in. It mass produces work-a-bees and that's what many of us have become.

We excelled under white supremacy in the past. Why not now?

This may sound strange BUT...a college education had significant impact on the decline of black-owned businesses. Here's what I mean by that.

During an agricultural economy, Black people were more resourceful and entrepreneurial. We farmed land, raised animals, made clothes, stored and sold produce to local buyers. There were things we needed done to us and for us and we learned those skills and provided them to our own people because that's what we had to do to maintain. Our education taught us the basics needed in most of these situations...arithmetic, reading were the most important skills you could have and we know all too well that it used to be against the law to teach Black people those skills. Cooking, sewing, washing clothes were taught at home and could also be used outside the home as jobs working for white people, including blacksmithing and farming. Before integration was legal, we got educated in crafts and professions that were put to good use, even as doctors and lawyers and shop owners.

Industrial economy...education is now legal for Blacks and we went off to college. Why? Because we are smart people, we are inquisitive and innovative. We were encouraged to get more education especially now that we are generations long as Americans and planned to remain here. Some of us took that knowledge and applied it broadly as educators, scientists and even politicians. But what college did for the masses of Black people was to teach us how to work outside the home in industry. The white business owner took our many inventions and used them in their new factories where we ended up working...punching a time clock, earning an hourly wage, getting paid by the week without benefits and as the population grew, so did the attraction of working for corporations that guaranteed pay and thus the growth of urban cities. Our younger generation of Black people liked the fast pace and excitement of urban America and began leaving the slower pace rural cities behind along with our sense of purpose and economic understanding. We began to live for the weekend.

For the most part, college teaches us how to work for others, not ourselves. Look at what we major in. It mass produces work-a-bees and that's what many of us have become.

1. HBCUs taught us how to work with each other. Did we forget?

2. Education use to be preached from the pulpit and in the home. Why did we stop?

We excelled under white supremacy in the past. Why not now?

I'm going to have to disagree with you brother Kemetstry... We have always excelled in spite of whites attempts to implement a system of white supremacy. I have difficulty when I hear my brothers and sisters say that white supremacy exists and holds us back. I believe that if we buy into it then it exists. If white supremacy were in fact a truth and it was in place, there would be no need for a white people to drive home this ideology and illusion upon those it targets and regards as inferior.. The mere fact that white america has continuously attempted to suppress our progress is a clear indication that they that feel that we are the superior species and would no doubt dominate them.
A superior species does not have to oppress and suppress that which is inferior..They will completely dominate that species species naturally....It would be nature's order...However in this case it is not, only if we continue to buy into and allow it.... Just my thoughts brother....

I'm going to have to disagree with you brother Kemetstry... We have always excelled in spite of whites attempts to implement a system of white supremacy. I have difficulty when I hear my brothers and sisters say that white supremacy exists and holds us back. I believe that if we buy into it then it exists. If white supremacy were in fact a truth and it was in place, there would be no need for a white people to drive home this ideology and illusion upon those it targets and regards as inferior.. The mere fact that white america has continuously attempted to suppress our progress is a clear indication that they that feel that we are the superior species and would no doubt dominate them.
A superior species does not have to oppress and suppress that which is inferior..They will completely dominate that species species naturally....It would be nature's order...However in this case it is not, only if we continue to buy into and allow it.... Just my thoughts brother....

I think you are posting to the wrong guy. We agree

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back