Black People : HOW CONSCIOUSNESS WORKS

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by afrknroots, Nov 20, 2006.

1. afrknroots

afrknroots Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

How people perceive and turn their perception into memories

Part 1
    A good analogy of how consciousness perceives is the use of a strobe light.
    Consciousness perceives physically in five different ways that we call the five senses. We'll talk about the sense of seeing because it's a good representative of the others.
    The sense of seeing, as do all the other senses, uses synchronization of vibration in order to see. By that I mean all objects are actually vibrations, physically speaking. They are not any kind of permanently solid matter. All is vibration, and the vibration appears to our senses as something solid.

Synchronization of vibration means our consciousness also vibrates. When we synchronize the vibration of our consciousness with the vibration of a physical object, then the two vibrations have the same speed, and we see the object. Everything that we see is vibrating at the same speed as some part of our conscious mind, and everything we don't see is vibrating at a different speed.
    When I'm inside a room looking at the objects, my consciousness vibrates at the same speed as all the objects I see. Each object has its own unique speed of vibration; that's what separates objects from each other. It's obvious then that the mind can vibrate parts of itself at many different speeds, matching the vibration of each object, enabling us to see many objects at the same time. The mind is unlimited. It can parcel itself into as many different parts as are needed to see as many objects as possible that it wants to see.

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29291

Blackroots

2. afrknroots

Ratings:
    +62
    Part 2

Now, a strobe light can be used to demonstrate the mechanism of seeing. A good way to do it is to shine the light on the moving blade of a fan.
    But first, let me go into more details about the movement of fan blades, so that those who have never seen a strobe light 'freeze' a fan blade can understand how this works.
    Imagine a medium-sized room fan in front of you. First of all, it's unplugged from electricity, so there's no danger of the blade rotating and injuring your finger (besides, you're doing this only in your imagination).
    What you're going to do is remove the front cover and rotate the blade with your finger.
    Place your finger on one of the blades and gently, without removing your finger, rotate the blade a full circle. Start at the top position (the 12 o'clock position) and rotate the blade clockwise through the 3 o'clock, then the 6 o'clock, then the 9 o'clock and back to the top position. You've rotated the blade one full circle.
    If you did this gently but quickly, taking only one second, then you've rotated the blade one full circle in one second. A circle is also called a cycle. So you've rotated it at a speed of one cycle per second. A circle or cycle is also called a revolution by modern scientists. Not the revolution of war but like the revolution of the earth around the sun. So that speed is also called one rev per second.

Blackroots

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Oh I like that - I never thought about CIRCLE <=> CYCLE.

That was interesting.

KD

4. Eks

Eks Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Afrknroots,
    Either you are too deep for me… or whatever….
    Reading through your first point regarding all “consciousness”…our minds matching the vibration (weight, construct) of whatever it perceives… you lost me at the thought of my mind simultaneously “perceiving” a bar of gold sitting next to a glass of hot water, giving off visible steam. My consciousness is not recreating the true/absolute “vibration” of those two perceptions, lest the actual weight of the two literally are added to my own nature of being (weight). Sounds good, but a little too esoteric for me. Kinda like leaning towards the Buddhist concept that matter is non-existent – the world is our mental/spiritual perceptions.

Help a brotha from the hood wrap hi brain around your flow……

5. afrknroots

Ratings:
    +62
    hang with me brother...what i'm saying is very simple, as you'll see.

6. afrknroots

Ratings:
    +62
    Part 3

A strobe light is a type of light that turns on and off quickly. Scientists call that pulsing, like the pulse of your heartbeat. So it's a pulsing light. If you turn your room light on and then turn it off quickly, you're pulsing it. If you do this in one second then the pulse speed is one pulse per second. That means in one second the light went from off to on and back to off again, which is a full cycle, or a full pulse.
    So when you rotate the fan blade a full circle in one second and your friend turns the room light on and off in one second, both of you are completing a cycle in one second. You completed a cycle of rotating the blade in one second, and your friend completed the cycle of pulsing the light in one second.
    The first action represents material objects, and the latter represents the sense of sight, which is part of our consciousness. I'll try and explain further. We'll come back to the fan blade because it's a good example to use.
    For now lets replace the fan blade with a white ball stuck to the end of a thin black stick. We make the stick thin and black so we don't see it. We want to concentrate only on the white ball.
    You are hiding behind a black screen, and everything in the room is black, so that this white ball is the most visible thing. Instead of using the room light, we leave it turned off. We use a flashlight instead, directed straight at the ball.
    You're going to move the ball back and forth, that is, hide it behind the screen, then expose it again, once every second. So when you begin the ball can be seen, then you pull it back behind the screen, and at the end you expose it again. That's one full cycle.
    At the same time your friend is turning the flashlight on and off in sync with your movement of the ball, such that when you pull the ball and hide it, he turns the light off, and when you expose it again, he turns the flash light on.
    When the flashlight is off, there's total darkness; when it's on, the ball can be seen.

Blackroots

7. afrknroots

Ratings:
    +62
    Part 4

The audiences watching are going to see it like this: If your movements are perfectly synchronized, then they will see the ball in the same place every time the light is on, and see nothing otherwise.
    If you didn't tell them what you were doing, and ask them what they saw, they'll say they saw a flashlight shining on a white ball, and the ball was IN THE SAME PLACE ALL THE TIME, NOT MOVING.
    The reason is because you moved the ball only in total darkness, and exposed it again only when the light came on. So they have no way of knowing that the ball disappeared every time the room turned dark. To them, the ball was perfectly still, in exactly the same position all the time, and the light shone on it on and off.
    Someone (or your mind) may say that perhaps they saw the ball in slightly different positions now and then, because being 'human and imperfect', you couldn't place the ball in exactly the same spot every time, and the eye can pick up the slight difference.
    Well, imagine that an extremely accurate machine was used to move the ball, placing it in the exact same spot every time. We can take the electric fan to be such an accurate machine, as you'll soon see.
    Also imagine that another accurate machine was used to pulse the flashlight on and off, such that the two movements were perfectly synchronized. Such an accurate pulsing machine is a strobe light, or what scientists call a stroboscope.

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29291

Blackroots

8. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Hmmm...

So, that's what it does, huh.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist