Black Entertainment : How come?

It is just sexist jargon that has entrenched itself into the realm of acting, and to be honest with you, It will not be leaving any time soon.

However, people usually use the word in a unisex context when speaking. For Example:

The actor Denzel Washington appeared in Out of Time, with the actress Sanna Lathan (Typo On Name).

However when used in a plural form, the noun looses gender:

The actors in Out of Time were a great cast.

It just some good ole english, nothing too worry about. But I do understand your point.

Nisa

Okay..why are females that are in the acting field are referred to as actors now instead of actresses?

For the same reason when they're giving reports on the war in Iraq, "casualties" now only mean "deaths" instead of both the deaths and injuries as it did in the past.

For the same reason the media makes a distinction between how many "soldiers" died in Iraq verse how many "Marines" died...as if Marines weren't soldiers.

They are trying to dumb down the public and keep us thoroughly confused thorugh deception.

My Man Ra, the term Actor in a non sex sense was used before the media had any influence

I hate to disagree my brother, but the Media is not trying to decieve people by using non-sexual nouns for example:

Waiters
Bikers
Drivers
Soldiers
Hairdressers
People

Usually a plural noun in the english language does not have a gender too it. In a-lot of other languages however there is a gender for each plural noun

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back