how come?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by ifasehun, May 17, 2003.

1. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    you dont allow html (i miss being able to iframe stuff)

and no sigs either? :(

is there anyway we could get sigs, if we had a stipulated size limit. like most graphic board allows sigs up to 500x250. but mayb we would go as small as 350x250, which aint so big.

is it just an issue of bandwidth and load time as opposed to a distain for art and photos in signatures??

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Hello Ifasehun ... please forgive me for taking so long to respond. Your questions are wonderful, thank you for asking them.

1. Why don't you allow HTML to be embedded on the forum?

Because it adds security risks, making it possible for people to add scripts, redirects, etc., that may undermine the integrity of our home. Better safe than sorry.

2. Why aren't images allowed in signatures?

There are a couple of reasons for this.

First, this is a "discussion" forum, where i believe the words and thoughts shared are most important. I have gone to some forums where it seems that the signature is most important. Images allowed in them, all different sizes, paragraphs of text ... making it difficult to tell where the discussion ends and the signature begins. So many images flashing everywhere at you, paragraphs of text, repeating itself in every post, over and over again ... what are they saying ???!!! ... struggling to find the message ... AAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!! ... <~~ Destee screaming! :)

Second, many times people include images they've found on the Internet, linking directly to them, causing the bandwidth for that provider to go up ... yes, making them pay ... stealing bandwidth ... in order to display that image on the forum of their choice. All images displayed on this forum are powered by bandwidth bought and paid for by Destee, for our Family. While i have no control over how other forums manage themselves, i am responsible for us ... and we must always do the right and proper thing if at all possible.

Again ... Great Questions !!! Ask all that you'd like! :toast:

:heart:

Destee

3. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Ok.

4. NNQueen