Black People : How come unemployment rate is still high for Blacks?

3 The erosion of afirmative action, not only effected the grwoth of revitalized Jim Crow racism in hiring, it revitalized Jim Crow racism,
in lending to Blck busineses,even with AAA credit raings, and discouraged new endeavors

Do you have anything that would substaintiate your claim that Black businesses with AAA credit ratings have problems securing funding for new endeavors? I don't have any idea what my businesses credit rating is, but I have a banking relationship that I can get funding relatively easy usually with a phone call. I would be surprised to see a well established, well run Black business with AAA credit ratings not have simular relationships or at least the resourcefulness to find lenders eager to do business with them.

To see a significant decrease in the unemployment rate for Black people, we must have an increase in the number of businesses owned by Black people who will hire Black people.
Peace
How many here are willing to leave the comfort of a steady pay check and venture out into the entreprenureal reality of trying to build a profitable business that hire Black people as opposed to the best people available for the job regardless of race? I am sure this question might provoke some criticism, but if you haven't staked your livelyhood on a business that you are trying to make a political statement with, you really aren't in a position to criticize those who are in the trenches building businesses that they have risked their finacial security and well being.

How many here are willing to leave the comfort of a steady pay check and venture out into the entreprenureal reality of trying to build a profitable business that hire Black people as opposed to the best people available for the job regardless of race? I am sure this question might provoke some criticism, but if you haven't staked your livelyhood on a business that you are trying to make a political statement with, you really aren't in a position to criticize those who are in the trenches building businesses that they have risked their finacial security and well being.

If I were to run my own business I would have to hire someone who is qualified, race does not determine ones qualifications. But had it come down to two people, one person being black and the other non-black and both having the same qualifications, I may just choose the black person....maybe.

We as Black people should be entreprenuers or willing to outperform our competitors in the search for employment. We have to seek excellence and understand the reality of what we face and the fact that we are not playing on a level playing field. All the crying, moaning and groaning in the world won't do anything to change that. We have to understand and acknowledge the stereotypes we face and either avoid those by making our own living/job/livelyhood. If we are gonna be dependent upon entities outside our community for jobs, we have to realize that we have to compete and bring something to the table better than those that we compete against and realize that in some cases, even that won't get us in the door.

But our strength comes in knowing that if one company doesn't hire us, it is their loss, not ours. Because if they don't capitalize upon the value that we bring to the table, their competitor will. If you can walk away from a job interview feeling this way, you will probably be receiving a phone call very shortly offering you a job.

If I were to run my own business I would have to hire someone who is qualified, race does not determine ones qualifications. But had it come down to two people, one person being black and the other non-black and both having the same qualifications, I may just choose the black person....maybe.
All things being the same, I know I would choose the Black person. White people have this advantage in most cases where the employer is White, so I don't mind giving the Black person the advantage in this case.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back