Black Relationships : HOW COME SISTERS ARE NICER TO WHITE MEN?

toma said:

We come across this a lot on the job. A group of white and blackmen are standing outside having a smoke. A well put together sister walks by. She smiles and nods at every one of the white guys, but completely ignores the black guys. Or if there are only black guys, she walks by with a scowl on her face.

Now I am not by any stretch of the imagination suggesting that the majority of sisters behave in this manner. But a significant portion does, and it has always, dependant on circumstances, amused or infuriated me.

But we also get this kind of feedback from black people in general with respect to on the job channel of command relationships. A lot of black men respond with alacrity to the commands and directions of a white supervisor or manager, but cop an attitude when that authority comes from one of their own. So it is not among sister's alone that we discover those who add more value and regard to the output from whites than they do with the output from their own kind. It is a well established dilemma in our community.

I don't want to stir this pot because I have already got in enough hot water on a related topic. I will simply agree that "it is not among sister's alone" and also that "it is a well established dilemna in our community"

Peace...

personal experience

Personal speaking of course I never experience such behavior from sisters. This may have been stated before but it is all in your approach and how u carry yourself.I am not saying that sisters do not demonstrate this behavior but there is usually a reason. Also as black men we must keep it real a lot of us are thristy and don't know how to keep a hi at hi we continue to sweat the sister until they give up on speaking at all to avoid b.s. they keep it simple as a polite way to be safe. I often here stories about men following sisters or blocking them with there cars demanding they speak.I sometimes encourage women just to give a phony number just to avoid the madness. If we approach these females as if they were our daughters . I call mine princess . Then they would not have to be afraid to communicate with there fellow brothers.

it is a general problem

the situation between black people is currently whack.
black people of all stripes seem to have a problem getting along.
it is self hate and low self esteem. lack of home training.
i blame it on years of negative brainwashing.
we need some strong positive leadership out there but i ain't holding my breathe.

FLIPPING THIS SCRIPT

bigtown said:
PARDON ME IF IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M IMPLYING THAT ALL SISTERS ACT THIS WAY, I'M NOT. PERHAPS I'LL USE ANOTHER EXAMPLE AND TRY TO KEEP MY FOOT OUT OF MY MOUTH. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FEED BACK FROM THE BROTHERS THOUGH AND SEE IF THEY FEEL ME ON THIS. I BELIEVE THAT MOST BROTHERS HAVE WORKED WITH A BLACK FEMALE WHO IS A LOT FRIENDLIER WITH THE WHITE MALE CO-WORKERS THAN SHE IS WITH THE BLK MALES. OR THE BLK FEMALE BOSS THAT RIDES THE BROTHERS, BUT IS A LOT MORE CHILLED OUT WITH THE WHITE CATS. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I DON'T SPEND MY TIME WORRYING ABOUT THESE KINDS OF BLK WOMEN, I'M JUST MAKING CONVO. AS FAR AS ME NOT MAKING AN ISSUE ABOUT IT UNLESS IT HAPPENS 100% OF THE TIME WITH 100% OF BLK WOMEN. WELL, NOTHING WE DISCUSS HERE HAPPENS 100% OF THE TIME WITH 100% OF THE PEOPLE.
Note: This is purely hypothetical.

PARDON ME IF IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M IMPLYING THAT ALL BROTHERS ACT THIS WAY, I'M NOT. PERHAPS I'LL USE ANOTHER EXAMPLE AND TRY TO KEEP MY FOOT OUT OF MY MOUTH. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FEED BACK FROM THE SISTERS THOUGH AND SEE IF THEY FEEL ME ON THIS. I BELIEVE THAT MOST BLACK WOMEN HAVE WORKED WITH WHITE FEMALE CO-WORKERS WHO ARE A LOT FRIENDLEIR WITH THE FEW BLACK CO-WORKERS THAN SHE IS WITH THE BLACK WOMEN, OR THE WHITE FEMALE BOSS THAT RIDES THE SISTERS, BUT IS A LOT MORE CHILLED OUT WITH THE BROTHERS. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I DON'T SPEND MY TIME WORRYING ABOUT THESE KINDS OF THINGS CONCERNING WHITE WOMEN, I'M JUST MAKING CONVO. AS FAR AS ME MAKING AN ISSUE ABOUT IT I DON'T AS LONG AS THE WHITE WOMAN TREATS ME BETTER THAN THE BLACK WOMEN WHO SEEM TO RELATE BETTER TO WHITE MEN. WELL, NOTHING HERE WE DISCUSS HAPPENS 100% OF THE TIME I'M JUST CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT BLACK WOMEN THINK.

As I said, this is PURELY HYPOTHETICAL and can be viewed from different mindsets.

It seems as if the initial post is an "observation" which can be used by some black men to justify their own interest in white women, while the post above can also indicate a similar intent worded differently. Both assume that white people treat black men and women differently, while black men and women have a tendency to reject their own.

Of course, there are situations where both can be true.

My concern is where does this kind of thinking come from?

I agree with umy brother. The only reason I agree is because as AFRICAN AMERICAN we have lost the honor of respect frm the sis. We as bro's have let our "QUEENS" down. At one time a sis could look at an African American Mna and feel secure and some measure of respect. At this day and age u can't fault the sis but fault"US". When we "EARN" the respect of our sis things will change. Remeber we have left them hanging for along time.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back