Black Christians : How Christianity gave us gay marriage

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Christ is the God Christians claim they follow. He says gay marriage is false doctrine. How do I know this because it's in the Bible. Shall I prove it?

Yes, prove it ... But first, thanks for following the study format.

Let's see what you got in terms of scripture to support gay marriage is a false doctrine.

Also, here's a question for you. Please explain why you always make this statement, or one similar:

"Christ is the God Christians claim they follow"

My concern has to do with your use frequent use of the word claim. For instance, I'm a christian and a believer in the Word of God, explicitly.

willa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 7, 2013
Yes, prove it ... But first, thanks for following the study format.

Let's see what you got in terms of scripture to support gay marriage is a false doctrine.

Also, here's a question for you. Please explain why you always make this statement, or one similar:

"Christ is the God Christians claim they follow"

My concern has to do with your use frequent use of the word claim. For instance, I'm a christian and a believer in the Word of God, explicitly.

Well the first and most obvious example is that Adam was given a woman as a companion/wife, even taken from his rib… then he commanded them to bring forth children. And "what God hath joined together let not man put asunder." Deut. 24: 16

"Let every every man have his own wife and every woman have her own husband." Rom. 7: 2

Also, symbolically speaking, Christ is the husband and the church is his bride. So what need have we of two Christs? and what need has two congregations without a Lord? The Lord and the congregation are one, like the husband and the wife are one flesh, as proven by Adam and Eve from his rib.

"Neither is the man without the woman…in the Lord" Corinth 11: 11

"A man shall be joined to his wife…be one flesh." Eph 5: 31

The family is central to the creators plan for the eternal destiny of his children.

……………………………………………………………

I use the word claim; because, so many christians (add to) their own use of a few verses in the scriptures for their own behavior and also dismiss (take away) all that the prophets and Lord have said in fullness. Example: saying God is the originator of gay marriage. I know you brought that up testing the understanding of those who claim to be Christians but haven't done the homework . :)

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Well done, well said indeed ...

Correct again:

"I know you brought that up testing the understanding of those who claim to be Christians but haven't done the homework." :)

Did not know I was that transparent:)

Thanks for explaining your use of the word "claim." Its understandable, but becomes offensive when you are conversing with someone like me.

I will never be caught guilty of practicing eisegesis of the biblical text.

Well the first and most obvious example is that Adam was given a woman as a companion/wife, even taken from his rib… then he commanded them to bring forth children. And "what God hath joined together let not man put asunder." Deut. 24: 16

"Let every every man have his own wife and every woman have her own husband." Rom. 7: 2

Also, symbolically speaking, Christ is the husband and the church is his bride. So what need have we of two Christs? and what need has two congregations without a Lord? The Lord and the congregation are one, like the husband and the wife are one flesh, as proven by Adam and Eve from his rib.

"Neither is the man without the woman…in the Lord" Corinth 11: 11

"A man shall be joined to his wife…be one flesh." Eph 5: 31

The family is central to the creators plan for the eternal destiny of his children.

……………………………………………………………

I use the word claim; because, so many christians (add to) their own use of a few verses in the scriptures for their own behavior and also dismiss (take away) all that the prophets and Lord have said in fullness. Example: saying God is the originator of gay marriage. I know you brought that up testing the understanding of those who claim to be Christians but haven't done the homework . :)

willa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 7, 2013

Well done, well said indeed ...

Correct again:

"I know you brought that up testing the understanding of those who claim to be Christians but haven't done the homework." :)

Did not know I was that transparent:)

Thanks for explaining your use of the word "claim." Its understandable, but becomes offensive when you are conversing with someone like me.

I will never be caught guilty of practicing eisegesis of the biblical text.

Sorry, I never intend to offend but I seem to be pretty good at it. :D I was underscoring what bootzey also noticed regarding some christians and even non christians who pick and choose their verses in the bible and they don't have to be correct. Because of that, I make sure I can back up my points. Thanks for the replies and challenge if there is a concern. :SuN040: Willa

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Sorry, I never intend to offend but I seem to be pretty good at it. :D I was underscoring what bootzey also noticed regarding some christians and even non christians who pick and choose their verses in the bible and they don't have to be correct. Because of that, I make sure I can back up my points. Thanks for the replies and challenge if there is a concern. :SuN040: Willa

Well, bootzey is not a christian, as far as I know. And not only that, but again, take notice that this is the Study Forum for Christians.

Christian Study Group

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!