Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : How Can I Soften My Hair

My Sister, I greet you in peace - and with a huge - HUGE load of frustration. I just spent some time typing up a lovely reply and for some reason it couldn't go through and disappeared when I clicked post reply. Dang it all. And my bad for not copying the text first, should've learned my lesson.

But I love you, so I will type it up again.

My Sister, I greet you in peace.

What you must do, if I understand your predicament correctly, is get a good conditioner and perhaps a good leave-in conditioner. You want to make sure of two things when you are out to get this; 1) it's from a black owned company (principle of FUBU - for us by us, products made with your hair in mind), and 2) that it's as organic as possible (you don't know what ails your scalp, if anything, so don't add to the trouble with ingredients you can't pronounce).

In addition to the conditioners, get a good shampoo.

My favorite conditioners and leave ins are found at www.qhemet biologics.com (without the space, beloved). As far as I know, it is black owned - at least partly. Check out their amla and olive heavy cream and the detangling ghee. They have some nice shampoos, but haven't tried them.

Another company I support is OYIN, see www.oyin handmade.com They have a few products you should try, I can recommend the juice and berries leave in (the scent will place you on a cloud). The frank juice and burnt sugar pomade might be something for you to invest in, but I haven't tried those. They are very helpful so send them an e-mail.

Then, another company I like but rue (they don't ship internationally so I can't get anything from their selection) is www.treasured locks.com.- My Sister, go check out Taliah Wajid's selection, she has a range called black earth and a product called total body shampoo (it's BLACK, go GET IT) and I recommend it highly (despite the laurel sulfates, do contemplate this). The conditioner is also lovely, but alas, it goes too quickly so I would be apprehensive in getting it. It's a site with so many hair care products, and a section dedicated to guides - so check them out for tips.

Of course, you have to try www.carols daughter.com, black owned with a wide range of hair care products for us. If you are unsure about their ingredients just send them an e-mail with an inquiry, they love you.

Finally if you don't find anything you like there, try www.vegan essentials.com. Check the hair care section and try the Giovanni range. The Nutrafixx product is exceptional, leaves your hair silky soft. They have excellent leave-in conditioners too, so do try it out (check the lovely ingredients list).

And, Sister CherryBlossom is on point with her hot oil reccomendation, it's just that this can be arduous to do everyday. What you can do every other day or so is simply pour some olive oil or melted shea butter over your head at night then wash it out in the morning. Just make sure you have lots and lots of shampoo.

And do remember, Queen Sister River, that you can find customer reviews of most of these products on youtube. Just type in the manufacturer (oyin or qhemet) and you will find tons of Sister giving their opinion).

I'll leave you two videos here to watch, one for Qhemet Biologics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80USyxONEDU&feature=related

and one for OYIN Handmade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_mqNy3L9EQ&feature=related

I hope that is of assistance, my Sister.

Peace, protection, guidance and oneness.

- Ikoro

Peace King Ikoro.

Yes, I've been buying from Treasured Locks for sometime but had not bought any shampoo for a while. So now my shipment of their protein conditioner and Nubian Heritage's coconut and papaya shampoo is due to arrive next week.

I will look into the other places you mentioned as well. Treasured Locks is unequivocally Black

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back