river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Hey fambly,

I've been wetting my hair real good in the shower and pulling the tangles out with my fingers cause that is easier to do while it is wet and helps me to pick out a bigger fro. If I braid it at night the ends will be too straight for a fro in the morning, whereas if I w t it I can pick it out and shape it and it will curl up tight and neat when it dries. Well today I had maintenance to come look at my tub because it was running slow. He found a lot of hair in the drain.

I don't like standing in two inches of water when I'm trying to take a shower so I don't want my tub to get slow again but what can I do to soften my hair so It will be more manageable?

Hey fambly,

I've been wetting my hair real good in the shower and pulling the tangles out with my fingers cause that is easier to do while it is wet and helps me to pick out a bigger fro. If I braid it at night the ends will be too straight for a fro in the morning, whereas if I w t it I can pick it out and shape it and it will curl up tight and neat when it dries. Well today I had maintenance to come look at my tub because it was running slow. He found a lot of hair in the drain.

I don't like standing in two inches of water when I'm trying to take a shower so I don't want my tub to get slow again but what can I do to soften my hair so It will be more manageable?

Hmmmm Sister River ... perhaps a drain strainer hair catcher thingy ... ??

I did a brief search and found a few of them ... i just searched "drain catcher" in google, but i'm sure if you made the keywords more focused, you could find even more.

Here's a link to one, that is less than $3.00, and you can probably find something like it at your local hardware store.

http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=682727&click=2744

I too like to untangle my hair in the shower, and probably need to get one of these myself!

While my suggestion won't make your hair softer, it may help solve the problem.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

If you want your hair to be healthy, on a regular basis is essential. Conditioners consist of three major components: emollients, which soften and smooth your hair; moisturizers to increase the water content of your hair; and proteins that strengthen each hair shaft. Making your own homemade conditioner allows you to add essential oils which customize conditioners for a range of hair types and needs. Its the best way to insure that you have a natural hair conditioner.

2-3 tbsp. warm water // 2 tbsp. protein powder // 1 tbsp. aloe-vera gel // 1 egg yolk // 5 drops clary-sage essential oil

Egg yolks and other protein, such as supplemental protein powders conditions smooth and soften as well bond the hair shaft produces resilient, shiny hair that's able to resist tangles.
Also you can try using Mayo .....................Mayonnaise can be served as an conditioner and softener that will leave your hair easy to manage.
These are a few things i know of that works without all types of stuff that will do damage to your hair !

Yes, I do need something to strengthen my hair because if it is in the drain then it's not on my head so there's already a problem plus even though water makes it more manageable there's still a lot on my pick on top of what went down the drain. My hair is naturally very soft and even though it is thick the shaft is smooth not course but as I have said elsewhere it curls up so tight that Moses couldn't part it.

Because of this humid climate here in Northeast Texas whatever I use will have to have some kind of preservative. I tried making natural conditioners before with disastrous results. They don't rinse out well and what is left becomes rancid. Where I live even things like potatoes and onions have to be kept in the refrigerator or they will mold.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back