Black People Politics : How Can I Fight for Your Baby - When My Baby is Being Shot in the Street?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I just don't know how one can substantively do this.

Fight for another's child, when their own child is being shot down mercilessly in the street?

How do you do it? Is there a guide, manual, book of instruction on this?

Is it easy to do and only I am struggling?

How do I put aside my own pain, loss, devastation, to focus on your pain, loss, and devastation?

It's not that I do not care about your baby, but must I do it while I'm trying to hold my own child's blood in his body, hand over the wound, blood spilling out, looking in his eyes ... knowing no one cares about his life ... no one but me ... how can I?

Am I even in any position to do so, given my own emotional, physical and mental trauma.

Where has the care been for all of my children that have died and are dying?

Where are the people, marching, petitioning, fighting for my children?

I want to care with my whole heart ... but how?

How much heart does one have to give, when that same heart is already broken.

What of self-preservation, is it real, what is the mechanism to ignore it?

What is one to do. Am I being selfish.

How do you psychologically manage this.

Is it all meant to be this way, knowing in advance this challenge would be present.

Is it a divide and conquer campaign (put in place since the invent of racism) to defeat us all.

If anyone has answers, please share.

:heart:

Destee

Fight for another's child, when their own child is being shot down mercilessly in the street?

How do I put aside my own pain, loss, devastation, to focus on your pain, loss, and devastation?

It's not that I do not care about your baby, but must I do it while I'm trying to hold my own child's blood in his body, hand over the wound, blood spilling out, looking in his eyes ... knowing no one cares about his life ... no one but me ... how can I?

Am I even in any position to do so, given my own emotional, physical and mental trauma.

Is it all meant to be this way, knowing in advance this challenge would be present.

Is it a divide and conquer campaign (put in place since the invent of racism) to defeat us all.

Destee

I understand your sentiment and I feel that your feelings are valid. Still, we have to remember in the similar vein of what happened in US past dealings with Native Americans, if we do not stand up for each other we will find ourselves alone when they come for us. Even though we have plenty of things to disagree on between the various ethnic groups, we still need to be willing to help protect each other from TPTB or history will repeat itself. Just remember what they did to the Native American tribes that were their allies or were neutral to them (They forced them all into reservations on land that could not really sustain them).

I understand your sentiment and I feel that your feelings are valid. Still, we have to remember in the similar vein of what happened in US past dealings with Native Americans, if we do not stand up for each other we will find ourselves alone when they come for us. Even though we have plenty of things to disagree on between the various ethnic groups, we still need to be willing to help protect each other from TPTB or history will repeat itself. Just remember what they did to the Native American tribes that were their allies or were neutral to them (They forced them all into reservations on land that could not really sustain them).

Hi Hermetic ... thanks for responding.

You are right, we must look out for each other to the degree that we can.

I'm not opposed to it, just wondering how do we do it.

Are there historical examples of where this was done and positive results ensued?

Your mention of Native Americans does calm my angst some, if only because we were not the first to be killed and mistreated, but the calm did not last long. For I must immediately consider their situation. The entire country was theirs, stolen from them, with no current mention of them being the rightful owners. White america has totally replaced them in that role, as if they never were. They have been relegated to small plots of land (that cannot sustain them as you say), and even that, this new president has taken much of it from them. They (and others) have petitioned and fought for the meager land they've been given, only to lose it again. What people fought for them and kept it from happening. None.

I don't believe I've ever seen Native Americans fighting for other ethnicities. Have you? I do not fault them if they have not. The great trauma placed on them, struggling to hold on to their culture, keep their families safe and alive is probably a challenge unto itself. If there was a fight worth fighting, surely it would be for them ... the original owners of the land ... but no one does that successfully.

I do not disagree with other ethnicities, I just don't know how we can help each other substantively.

I suppose we can do this ... but how ... petition the same white people that mistreat us, to treat us properly ... ??

Imagine a "black / brown people coalition" ... where no matter the ethnicity, we looked out for each other.

That might help but the way things are now, we are all primarily confined to our own spaces and thought processes.

Grieving over our own pain and concern for our own children, which is not unreasonable.

Have they taken the reasonable and now use it to our detriment?

Anticipating the trauma they put upon us will hinder us from seeing past our own pain.

The trauma(s) have been great and any psychologist would probably say our responses are reasonable.

Suggesting the fault does not lie with us, though, it is up to us to fix this, protect ourselves and others.

Even if there were a "black / brown people coalition" ... how long before all are labeled ... Black Identity Extremists and imprisoned.

None of this is new. America is great at this. They are not going to stand by and watch any of us unite (in any great way).

They are already running scared of black / brown people outnumbering them and watching for any sudden moves.

Reach for your wallet ... see what happens.

What is TPTB ? ... :)

Thanks for sharing with me!

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

What is TPTB ? ... :)

Destee

Its an acronym for ... the powers that be ... Often for me, the same as for you in this case, when folk do short cuts and assume that e'er body understands, it becomes very confusing and slows down the conversation.

We be in the same boat Destee ... :)

Destee

All I can say Sister Destee is, this is America ... :facepalm:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back