Black People Politics : How Can I Fight for Your Baby - When My Baby is Being Shot in the Street?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Destee, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,364
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I just don't know how one can substantively do this.

Fight for another's child, when their own child is being shot down mercilessly in the street?

How do you do it? Is there a guide, manual, book of instruction on this?

Is it easy to do and only I am struggling?

How do I put aside my own pain, loss, devastation, to focus on your pain, loss, and devastation?

It's not that I do not care about your baby, but must I do it while I'm trying to hold my own child's blood in his body, hand over the wound, blood spilling out, looking in his eyes ... knowing no one cares about his life ... no one but me ... how can I?

Am I even in any position to do so, given my own emotional, physical and mental trauma.

Where has the care been for all of my children that have died and are dying?

Where are the people, marching, petitioning, fighting for my children?

I want to care with my whole heart ... but how?

How much heart does one have to give, when that same heart is already broken.

What of self-preservation, is it real, what is the mechanism to ignore it?

What is one to do. Am I being selfish.

How do you psychologically manage this.

Is it all meant to be this way, knowing in advance this challenge would be present.

Is it a divide and conquer campaign (put in place since the invent of racism) to defeat us all.

If anyone has answers, please share.

:heart:

Destee

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +502
    I understand your sentiment and I feel that your feelings are valid. Still, we have to remember in the similar vein of what happened in US past dealings with Native Americans, if we do not stand up for each other we will find ourselves alone when they come for us. Even though we have plenty of things to disagree on between the various ethnic groups, we still need to be willing to help protect each other from TPTB or history will repeat itself. Just remember what they did to the Native American tribes that were their allies or were neutral to them (They forced them all into reservations on land that could not really sustain them).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,364

Hi Hermetic ... thanks for responding.

You are right, we must look out for each other to the degree that we can.

I'm not opposed to it, just wondering how do we do it.

Are there historical examples of where this was done and positive results ensued?

Your mention of Native Americans does calm my angst some, if only because we were not the first to be killed and mistreated, but the calm did not last long. For I must immediately consider their situation. The entire country was theirs, stolen from them, with no current mention of them being the rightful owners. White america has totally replaced them in that role, as if they never were. They have been relegated to small plots of land (that cannot sustain them as you say), and even that, this new president has taken much of it from them. They (and others) have petitioned and fought for the meager land they've been given, only to lose it again. What people fought for them and kept it from happening. None.

I don't believe I've ever seen Native Americans fighting for other ethnicities. Have you? I do not fault them if they have not. The great trauma placed on them, struggling to hold on to their culture, keep their families safe and alive is probably a challenge unto itself. If there was a fight worth fighting, surely it would be for them ... the original owners of the land ... but no one does that successfully.

I do not disagree with other ethnicities, I just don't know how we can help each other substantively.

I suppose we can do this ... but how ... petition the same white people that mistreat us, to treat us properly ... ??

Imagine a "black / brown people coalition" ... where no matter the ethnicity, we looked out for each other.

That might help but the way things are now, we are all primarily confined to our own spaces and thought processes.

Grieving over our own pain and concern for our own children, which is not unreasonable.

Have they taken the reasonable and now use it to our detriment?

Anticipating the trauma they put upon us will hinder us from seeing past our own pain.

The trauma(s) have been great and any psychologist would probably say our responses are reasonable.

Suggesting the fault does not lie with us, though, it is up to us to fix this, protect ourselves and others.

Even if there were a "black / brown people coalition" ... how long before all are labeled ... Black Identity Extremists and imprisoned.

None of this is new. America is great at this. They are not going to stand by and watch any of us unite (in any great way).

They are already running scared of black / brown people outnumbering them and watching for any sudden moves.

Reach for your wallet ... see what happens.

What is TPTB ? ... :)

Thanks for sharing with me!

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

• Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,391

Its an acronym for ... the powers that be ... Often for me, the same as for you in this case, when folk do short cuts and assume that e'er body understands, it becomes very confusing and slows down the conversation.

We be in the same boat Destee ... :)

• List
  5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,391

All I can say Sister Destee is, this is America ... :facepalm:

6. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +502
    The problem the Native Americans had was that the various tribes did not work to protect each other until it was too late. This is the same problem that practically every other colonized place experienced from the Americas to Africa. If we set back and allow what plans the present leaders have to play out without opposing at least parts of it, once they are done with them they will then turn their sights on us.

We have to remember that their true focus is on making sure the US remains a majority White nation. If you look at their actions through that lens, you will see why they are so focused on certain issues like abortion (white women are not having enough babies) and immigration (Too many people of color entering the country). The true danger to White supremacy is population demographics. If it changes enough, then another group will have the numbers to create a majority. They deathly fear that those who end up outnumbering them will do to them, what they have done to others.

So in the end, though I know most of the time other ethnic groups rarely come to our aid, I still feel the need to make sure that I give some aid to them. We have to look at the whole picture, and understand that keeping a present buffer between us and the White Supremacists in power in the long run works to our benefit until we can eject them out of power.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,391

Sister Destee,

Hell, our children can't even cut grass without the police being called in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• List
  8. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,519
    Heart:heart:
    To remember my past, and feel through my own past, their pain of having their children ripped from them.

I know my history. A history that I will not allow to take away my empathy and love for other Black and Brown people. I am not willing to allow my horrible history to pervert my emotions. I have that control.

I see our men being shot in the streets. I’ve lost two family members to police shooting, and one to prison slavery. I’m still not so jaded I can’t love other Black and brown people. My past history will not define all of me. I won’t let it.

I have nothing against brown people.
    I can write this easily speaking of Black and Brown people.
    Not so sure about white peoples. Don’t care for them
    I’m not so sure I could feel for white peoples.

Sister Destee, I started a thread about the kidnapped Brown people. If it offends you in any way please delete it.

I kinda thought you were kidding when you posted in that thread.
    You were not.

How do you care about others considering our history.
    That’s why I/we care, because of our history.
    Native Americans and Mexicans have been warring since the 1800s.
    America stole half their land.

I choose to care for my Brown friends of other cultures.
    White folk are not my friend.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 7:18 PM
  9. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,519
    I don’t believe my ancestors intended for us to be bound up, tied up, unable to move forward or feel for others.
    My ancestors wants me to be free and never forget.
    Never Forget.

10. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +895
    Excellent thread and post Miss Destee and Hermetic. Being frank and aware of a Black who rants and raves about every so-called wrongdoing Whites commit historically in a personal and/or institutional basis is a deeply disturbing red flag for our race. I say this because those very same Blacks are still working for the White man, dying in the White mans military wars, buying everything they eat, drink, wear, own and drive from the White man and just generally existing in the White mans world of established business, commerce and banking. Well there just might be a Black American somewhere who lives exclusively on Black owned entities.

You know, like this example:

1. I have zero White friends, co-workers, associates or any others I would need to depend on in a social setting.
    2. I only go to Black hospitals with 100% Black doctors, nurses and ancillary support staff via Black ambulances with Black medics.
    3. If and when I ever need the po po I will call the nearest Black only police department and more so if me or my own are found guilty of trumped up White court charges I demand to serve my time in a Black prison where i'll get like 13 cents a day for making FUBU clothing.
    4. If I ever feel the need to be charitable I'll only donate my blood with the written stipulation that my Black blood only courses through Black veins in need.
    4. I will continue in my conscience will and single minded determination to vote for only Black politicians. Hmmm, did I say that? Well I must've not only said that but meant it too which means I never voted for any presidential candidate before former President Barack Obama.
    5. Reserved for other nickel and dime BS I can come up with in my delusional existence.

The Queen can afford to say such. She's a billionaire.

NnP8eS2k-720.jpg

• List