Law Forum : How Byron Allen Gate-Crashed Sundance and Sued Obama’s FCC in the Same Week

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015

Remember when he was just a comedian? He’s not joking around anymore

If you only know Byron Allen as a stand-up comic and host of the syndicated series “Comics Unleashed,” you’re due for a primer.

Allen has graduated from cracking jokes to media mogul status. In the last five days, the executive stunned Sundance by offering $20 million for Nate Parker’s “The Birth of a Nation.” He lost
the historic bidding war, but helped drive up the price to the record $17.5 million that Fox Searchlight paid for the slave revolt drama.

Undeterred by the loss, he then turned around and dropped a $10 billion lawsuit on the Federal Communications Commission and Charter Communications over the latter’s proposed merger with Time Warner Cable.

Read more

http://www.thewrap.com/how-byron-allen-gate-crashed-sundance-and-sued-obamas-fcc-in-the-same-week/

Last edited:

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Byron Allen's Entertainment Studios & National Association of African American-Owned Media File Historic Lawsuit Against the FCC & Charter Communications for Racial Discrimination

Another lawsuit filed by Byron Allen's Entertainment Studios Networks, Inc. and The National Association of African American-Owned Media (NAAAOM) announced today...

The specifics, from the press release...

Yesterday, Wednesday, January 27, 2016, Allen's Entertainment Studios and the NAAAOM filed a $10 billion lawsuit against Charter Communications for engaging in racial discrimination in contracting against 100% African American-owned media in violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1866, 42 U.S.C. section 1981; and against President Obama's Federal Communications Commission for approving mega-media mergers, such as Comcast/NBCUniversal, that discriminate against African American-owned media.

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/byron-allens-entertainment-studios-national-association-of-african-american-owned-media-file-historic-lawsuit-against-the-fcc-charter-communications-for-racial-discrimination-20160128

Last edited:

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Why must he drag Pres. Obama's name through the mud? It's not like Obama micro-manages everything that happens in DC.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!