Black Poetry : HOW BLACK ARE YOU!!!!!

Ddee1

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 22, 2007
I met three black brothers that were arguing about who is darker than who and who couldnt get a girl cause they were too dark.what do u think about societies views on the degree of blackness.this is my piece...

how black are you

are you BlacK, BLACK
or simply black
now! this is not a trick question so take your time

before you enter our society
let us examine how black you are
PITCH BLACK! absolutely not
you are too black to be Black

in our society we prefer light brown or chocolate brown
ofcourse we are black and proud
just as long as u are not too BLACK
you might cramp our style

the different shades of blackness have created a line of division between me and my sistas
no longer are we simply black
but we categorize our skin colour
discreminating agaisnt our own

the enemy lies no longer withou but within

yet black is neither light nor dark
its about the spirit that refuses to be quietened until justice is done
the everready hand that stretches to assist
the natural rythm that lies embedded within

it runs deeper than skin colour
so how black are you??????????????????????????????????/

I appreciate this post. This is real truf. I remember being at the park one day at a gathering with my kinfolk. They were making fun of someone who was dark. We don't joke like that in my family, so I was pretty grieved about some of the stuff that was said and some of the things that people still say like that in the presence of another. Even though it's meant to be funny when you go home at the end of the day you really feel bad. I really felt for the other person. No fun.

Black is definately not about color. I do believe this is true. This kind of stuff hurts so deeply and its really not funny.

Honestly, I can say that I am slowly but surely realizing that I am black enough. I find darker guys really attractive however. I think for me what matters, is your posture. I love to see black men with a nice posture and to see how they carry themselves and hold their heads up high. It drives me crazy.

:dance3:

Much Love,

Desert Storm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back