The Front Porch : How and why did you pick your name

I chose this as my name here because it is "supposed" to be the title of a book idea I've had about my mother, but I have not even started on it yet.

One day, the title is "supposed" to be "Cherry Blossoms," a part-fiction account of my mother's life. The title will be ambiguous in meaning, taken as either "Cherry" (the character representing my mother) "blossoms" (as in grows, matures, produces, etc..) OR "cherry blossoms" (as in the offshoots, children of Cherry the mother).

Right now, this book/story is only in my head. So, until I stop being lazy and actually start writing it, it's still only an "idea." Maybe using it here, I will be spurred to action. :geek:

....And I STILL haven't gotten off my rusty-dusty yet. (smh) But, "HOPE springs eternal!" :lol:

....And I STILL haven't gotten off my rusty-dusty yet. (smh) But, "HOPE springs eternal!" :lol:

Ok,I just have to ask,what was the need to rehash the tread that was created in 2003? Most of these people are gone and it has gotten off topic .You could have pasted this response in the thread I made and now we have two.

No matter,I thank you for sharing.

Peace!

Ok,I just have to ask,what was the need to rehash the tread that was created in 2003? Most of these people are gone and it has gotten off topic .You could have pasted this response in the thread I made and now we have two.

No matter,I thank you for sharing.

Peace!

Well, since you just "had to ask," it seems incumbent upon me to answer.

This is a continuous thread. Just THIS year, another member started a similar thread and Sister Destee MERGED the two together.

Everyone in Destee has a very unique screen name. Most have a meaning behind it. Why did you choose your screen name or what does your screen name mean to you?

**Inspired by Workinprocess a.k.a "W.I.P"**

Thanks Sister MsInterpret ... great idea, great thread ... :D ... i'm going to merge it with another almost just like it.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

My name represents a conversation that I had with myself. A preacher was talking to me but you can tell that he was trying not to make it obvious. He said, "some people in this room are too religious" and so I thought to myself - am I to religious? From that point it set me on a journey of self introspection and now I ask the question to everyone who reads my name:

Ru2religious aka 'Are You To Religious'.

Peace

Ru2religious

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back