The Front Porch : How and why did you pick your name

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Ehm, I'm from England...and I love England and I have a lot of pride in where I come from...so I decided QueenOfEngland. lol

Welcome to Destee.com QueenofEngland...have you met Enquiring_Mind yet? I believe she is in London and goes by the given name Queenie:), now we have two:)

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

I chose this name because my love for my daughter is the best love, the truest love that anyone has ever appreciated from me. My daughter absolutely taught me the meaning of real love, unconditional love. She taught me how to love. This love taught me how to love all others, to the best of my ability, unconditionally. Loving unconditionally is something I strive toward everyday. I think MommyLove is unconditional love.

Man, was that longwinded or what?

And welcome to Destee.com MommyLove, in just a few words, you have explained the most serious relationship on the planet...Peace In,

I chose my username because for one I am from Louisiana and two of course because I am black. Being from Louisiana and especially being from the part I am from. We are considered to be black cajuns and creoles. Like most blacks, we are all mixed no matter where your from, but especially in Louisiana. The blood runs a little more thinner there. The Haitian background an culture is embedded deep in Louisiana. In particular New Orleans

Now as far as my name goes.. Zydeco means

Zydeco (French: "les haricots" or "le zaricot", English: "green beans" or "snap beans") is a form of American roots or folk music. It evolved in southwest Louisiana in the early 19th century from forms of Creole music. The rural black Creoles of southwest Louisiana and southeast Texas still sing in Louisiana Creole French.

Wikipedia (2011) Zydeco, Retrieved from: WIkipedia

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back