The Front Porch : How and why did you pick your name

deepy

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 4, 2003
nyc
My name here in destee is DEEPY. I took it as a memorial to my brother, He died this year...and was the last living sibling i had..He was actually called deepstuff by all of us when we were very young and that slowly ebbed into deep or deepy.
I am not a male...definitely female...but the name became genderless.....A homage to a very together and deep brother.
So manyof you have interesting names...I wondered if any of you would share how and why the choices you made. as well as pronunciation (phoentically please). Are they names that have to do with the political self, spiritual self, etc...

name: khasm13

pronounciation: same as chasm

meaning: a deep opening made by disruption, as a breach in the earth or a rock; a yawning abyss; a cleft; a fissure.

meaning2: 13 is the summation of all good and evil in this universe. 13 is also the 7th prime number, so in this epic battle, good will always prevail...if anyone reads my poetry, this is the empirical concept behind most of my poems...

one love
khasm

Name: Uzoka [Birth] nickname

Pronounciation: OO-ZOH-KAR [emphasis on the first syllable which is pronounced quickly read than with a drawn out ooo :) ]

I just now made a pretty lame attempt at trying to give my name's meaning but the truth is I don't know exactly, was never interested in my African roots growing up and hated the calling of my name [especially in front of 'friends'].

I remember my father telling me and it was something along the lines of, 'the path to God is good' or ' this is the path to God' but the second one makes me sound as a little presumptuous :lol:

I met a Nigerian woman when I first travelled to Australia who gave me my full name which I was silly not to jot down, more than five or so syllables long...I'll have ot get back to you on the full name and meaning.

Peace

deepy said:
My name here in destee is DEEPY. I took it as a memorial to my brother, He died this year...and was the last living sibling i had..He was actually called deepstuff by all of us when we were very young and that slowly ebbed into deep or deepy.
I am not a male...definitely female...but the name became genderless.....A homage to a very together and deep brother.
So manyof you have interesting names...I wondered if any of you would share how and why the choices you made. as well as pronunciation (phoentically please). Are they names that have to do with the political self, spiritual self, etc...

I probably have the most general name out there. I'm a black man living in the Atlanta metropolitan area hence AtlantaEbonyMan.

HO - DEE

FIRST TWO SYLLABLES FROM MY LAST NAME ( HO )

FIRST LETTER OF MY FIRST NAME DRAWN OUT. ( D )

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back