Black People : HOUSTON CRIME WAVE HAS NEW ORLEANS LINK...

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
Or so they are saying... Here's the story...

Houston crime linked to New Orleans gangs
Big News Network
Saturday 28th January, 2006 (UPI)

Houston police have charged 11 Hurricane Katrina evacuees with crimes, and say they are seeing an escalation of violence in the city.

Eight of the men have been apprehended while three are believed to be at large in Houston, the Houston Chronicle reports.

The charges, announced Friday by investigators in the city's gang murder squad, involve homicides, robberies and kidnappings that began in November.

Police say some of the crimes are gang-related and connected to turf battles that moved from New Orleans to Houston.

Many of those accused of Houston violence had a criminal record from Louisiana.

Peace!
Isaiah

Greetings,

Some folk say "y'all people from Louisiana is crazy." But back home, we say people from New Orleans is crazy. We used to joke that it must be the water. Certainly, back home, Loosey-ana, has some of the most hospitalable people and New Orleans is no exception, but thinking about the dynamics of the area - history, past and present educational, social and economic opportunities, and overall climate of decay - one can understand why my cousins in them wards, the wardies, be buck.

Blackbird

Unfortunately it is true, I'm from Houston and the gang and street violence has gotten horrible. The police are always in full effect now, but people are being murdered everyday. Hopefully it will end soon and they will catch all the criminals and sex offenders who never registered when they got here. Trust me, the articles are true.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back