Black People : House Keys Keep Bending

KPITRL

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2013
Around 2005 when I was still working my old IT job in the DMV, I got home from work one evening and realized I could not get into my house because my house-key was bent into an L shape. So I found a brick and banged it straight, and I was able to fit it back in the lock-cylinder and unlock my door. Out of 10 or 12 keys on the chain, only the house-key was bent. I immediately began to think it was a prank played on me by one of my co-workers, because in that two week period, on three different occasions, my gym shorts and underwear that I use to keep in my cabinet drawer in my cubical wounded up missing (I use to work out in the gym on the bottom level during my lunch break). Then all three pairs of shorts showed back up a couple of weeks later on the same day. I know I had a lot of enemies on that job, but who would still my gym shorts and my underwear. So I thought it was one of three females who were retiring on early- outs that month ( 2 white women, and a black woman), but none of them were real enemies, and I wasn't on non-speaking terms with any of them.

Then in 2006 the same month I moved into my new home in the ATL, I remember going to the local pet store around 11:00am to check on some puppies. Then I returned home and watched a movie. After the movie, I went back out to grab a bite at Burger King. When I returned home, I realized I couldn't fit my house-key far enough into the lock-cylinder so I could turn it. So I looked at my key and realized it had a slight curve, not bent into an L shape however, but a curve bad enough that it wouldn't fit. So again, I found a brick and banged it straight enough were it could fit into the lock-cylinder. So I did this, turned the key, and was able to get back in my house. Other than my new house-key, I still had all the keys on my chain I had when I left the DMV. Why my house-key kept winding up the only one bent began to freak me out a little (like I wasn't already freaked out). Anyway, I changed my locked, something I was supposed to do anyway, being a new resident.

Then one summer night in 2010, I was cleaning out my backyard pool for some out of town company. First around 9pm, I took my dog for a walk, causing me to get a rather late start. So after I returned, I went out back and got busy cleaning. I'd say around 10:30pm my lady-friend at the time called. I stayed on the phone for a half hour, and went back out to finish cleaning the pool. I guess it was about close to mid-night when I came back in for some water. But this time my dog kept barking and running back and forth between where I was in the washroom, to the living room, like he wanted me to follow him or show me something. I said to myself this crazy dog couldn't be expecting me to take him out for a walk again this late at night. Then I said he couldn't be hungry because he already ate, and he never got hungry that late before. But I gave him a biscuit anyway. First he looked at it, then looked at me like it wasn't what he really wanted. Then he eventually took the biscuit and skipped to the living-room. And I went back out to continue cleaning the pool.

By now it must have been close to 2:00am, and I stayed out there way later than I meant to. So I came back in to lock my door, and got ready for bed. When I went to retrieve my key chain that I left sitting on my desk in the wash-room, the first thing I noticed was that my house-key was obviously bent, not quite into an L shape, but much more than it was in 2006 when it happened the time I first moved here. And again, it was only the house-key bent...not to mention this was a different house-key again. This really freaked me out because it was 2:00am. And this time, instead of not being able to get myself in, I was faced with not being able to lock the burglars out. On that same note, I may have been locking myself in with the bogey-man in this case, lol...but I really wasn't laughing. Instead of bending this house-key back, I went and got one of the spare keys and locked my door. I kept both house-keys, the one that bent in 2006, and the one that bent in 2010 as proof (to myself at least) of what happened.

The first incident of this happening, while I was still living and working in the DMV, still leaves me a little suspicious of one of my female co-workers, or maybe a female from the security force now that I think about it, because they used to be in the gym sometimes while we were working out. But the last two incidents, I was alone the whole day on both occasions, which makes the incident in the DMV still somewhat a mystery, since it also involved my house-key.

Last edited:
:(:(
Around 2005 when I was still working my old IT job in the DMV, I got home from work one evening and realized I could not get into my house because my house-key was bent into an L shape. So I found a brick and banged it straight, and I was able to fit it back in the lock-cylinder and unlock my door. Out of 10 or 12 keys on the chain, only the house-key was bent. I immediately began to think it was a prank played on me by one of my co-workers, because in that two week period, on three different occasions, my gym shorts and underwear that I use to keep in my cabinet drawer in my cubical wounded up missing (I use to work out in the gym on the bottom level during my lunch break). Then all three pairs of shorts showed back up a couple of weeks later on the same day. I know I had a lot of enemies on that job, but who would still my gym shorts and my underwear. So I thought it was one of three females who were retiring on early- outs that month ( 2 white women, and a black woman), but none of them were real enemies, and I wasn't on non-speaking terms with any of them.

Then in 2006 the same month I moved into my new home in the ATL, I remember going to the local pet store around 11:00am to check on some puppies. Then I returned home and watched a movie. After the movie, I went back out to grab a bite at Burger King. When I returned home, I realized I couldn't fit my house-key far enough into the lock-cylinder so I could turn it. So I looked at my key and realized it had a slight curve, not bent into an L shape however, but a curve bad enough that it wouldn't fit. So again, I found a brick and banged it straight enough were it could fit into the lock-cylinder. So I did this, turned the key, and was able to get back in my house. Other than my new house-key, I still had all the keys on my chain I had when I left the DMV. Why my house-key kept winding up the only one bent began to freak me out a little (like I wasn't already freaked out). Anyway, I changed my locked, something I was supposed to do anyway, being a new resident.

Then one summer night in 2010, I was cleaning out my backyard pool for some out of town company. First around 9pm, I took my dog for a walk, causing me to get a rather late start. So after I returned, I went out back and got busy cleaning. I'd say around 10:30pm my lady-friend at the time called. I stayed on the phone for a half hour, and went back out to finish cleaning the pool. I guess it was about close to mid-night when I came back in for some water. But this time my dog kept barking and running back and forth between where I was in the washroom, to the living room, like he wanted me to follow him or show me something. I said to myself this crazy dog couldn't be expecting me to take him out for a walk again this late at night. Then I said he couldn't be hungry because he already ate, and he never got hungry that late before. But I gave him a biscuit anyway. First he looked at it, then looked at me like it wasn't what he really wanted. Then he eventually took the biscuit and skipped to the living-room. And I went back out to continue cleaning the pool.

By now it must have been close to 2:00am, and I stayed out there way later than I meant to. So I came back in to lock my door, and get ready for bed. When I went to retrieve my key chain that I left sitting on my desk in the wash-room, the first thing I noticed was that my house-key was obviously bent, not quite into an L shape, but much more than it was in 2006 when it happened the time I first moved here. And again, it was only the house-key bent...not to mention this was a different house-key again. This really freaked me out because it was 2:00am. And this time, instead of not being able to get myself in, I was faced with not being able to lock the burglars out. On that same note, I may have been locking myself in with the bogey-man in this case, lol...but I really wasn't laughing. Instead of bending this house-key back, I went and got one of the spare keys and locked my door. I kept both house-keys, the one that bent in 2006, and the one that bent in 2010 as proof (to myself at least) of what happened.

The first incident of this happening, while I was still living and working in the DMV, still leaves me a little suspicious of one of my female co-workers, or maybe a female from the security force now that I think about it, because they used to be in the gym sometimes while we were working out. But the last two incidents, I was alone the whole day on both occasions, which makes the incident in the DMV still somewhat a mystery, since it also involved my house-key.

This is kind weird :( I would change the locks and make sure that you keep all your keys in a safe place...not trusting anyone. A couple years ago I left my reading glasses on my desk. When I came back from lunch all the bifocals were all scratched, had to pay over eight hundred for two new lens...Never found out who did. I am very careful now.

:(:(

This is kind weird :( I would change the locks and make sure that you keep all your keys in a safe place...not trusting anyone. A couple years ago I left my reading glasses on my desk. When I came back from lunch all the bifocals were all scratched, had to pay over eight hundred for two new lens...Never found out who did. I am very careful now.
I took care of the problem when it first happened in 2005 on my job in the DMV (DC, MD, Virginia- metro area); thought I'd spell that out because that acronym may not be as popular as the ATL is for Atlanta. Anyway, I took care of the problem when I moved south to the ATL in 2006. I haven't worked since then. That wasn't the reason I moved; it just worked out that way.

But when these incidents followed me to my new home in the ATL in 2006 when I was alone, with no neighbors yet in any of the houses in my half of the subdivision, and not having any job where someone could play such a prank, I began to feel like I was in a chapter of a horror movie. So far it hasn't happened in four years. But at the same time, it was four years from 2006 to 2010, when it happened again. I may change those keys after all regardless. Thanks for your input. If you hear of any other cases like mine, and you hear of other suggestions or explanations, please let me know.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back