Black People : House judiciary Chair; Conyers, sees no Evil in Assange

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    House Judiciary Chair Voices Concern on WikiLeaks Attacks
    As Assange was freed, the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on the constitutional issues raised by WikiLeaks’ release of classified government documents. House Judiciary chair John Conyers said he is worried by the attacks on Assange and his group.

Rep. John Conyers: "There is no doubt that WikiLeaks is in an unpopular position right now. Many feel their publication was offensive. But unpopularity is not a crime, and publishing offensive information isn’t either. And the repeated calls from members of Congress, the government, journalists and other experts crying out for criminal prosecutions or other extreme measures cause me some consternation."

www.democracnow.org

2. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    My thoughts on WikiLeaks...

First, the information in the files are generally nothing conspiracy theorists haven't already been claiming for a while now.

Assange was at a party at the U.S. Embassy in 2005 (7?) in Stockholm as an invited guest.

WikiLeaks is all over the media. The media is nothing more than another department of CIA and psyops. If the military-industrial complex was threatened by WikiLeaks, why would they make sure to plaster them all over the news each night?

If I were a psyops program of the CIA intent on weeding out "whistleblowers" in the military and/or intelligence community - I would form a place for those whistleblowers to go and "leak."

Then, when questions arise about the authenticity of my organization, I would suddenly attack my own organization, ie. rape charges meant to create the illusion that the government is threatened by Wikileaks founder Assange.

I would then ärrest" him and wait for the cyber-attacks of patriots to follow, so that I could arrest them too after sniffing out their internet trail. I could also develop a working list of anyone who verablly or popularly supports such an "anti-government" organization in order to de-neutralize them in the future.

Assange not long ago, mentioned that 9/11 was not a conspiracy. Very, very recently, after his arrest, he is now touting that 9/11 is a conspiracy - AFTER conspiracy theorists worldwide began questioning his credibility due to former comments.

If the government did not want people to come forward to a Wikileaks type of venue and spread it's own state secrets - WHY would they paste them all over main stream media?

Just my two cents.

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    you do have an interesting point although I applaud the leaks just as the Watergate exposures and the Pentagon papers,

I have alos read George Orwell's 1984 nd am well aware of the man who sold the hero of the story. his "book"

If you read Le Carre's "The Spy that Came in from the Cold" he may be an unwitting pawn in all this.

William Endhal, supports your theory and has posted an article delineating what you say in www.globalresearch.ca

Bottom Line however any attack on such expose's, is typical of Fascism