Black Spirituality Religion : Hotep PurpleMoons

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Zacharias, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Zacharias

Zacharias Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Would like you to share your belief's / faith ,

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I believe that we (Black People) will oneday recognize our trueselves and free our minds. That from a spark in the primordial darkness, we came to exist. I believe we are the sensors of a great energy placed here to experience life and to learn all about it. I am not committed to one religion or belief. Because as I grow and learn more, those things are subjected to change.

My commitment is to life. Life is my teacher and experience is the tool I use. I believe that even in physical death, there is life, because the spirit never dies.
    I believe there is a wrong way and a right way to experience life, that both are necessary for growth and balance.

I have faith I will oneday find my place, and understand why I am driven to find that place.

I don't like being bounded. Not by beliefs, people, repetition, and/or expectations of others. I long and desire to be free in spirit, mind, and soul.

I believe religious doctrines has been used as a chain to feed me false hope. And at the same time, provided a few tools that will help me free myself. I believe everyone chooses the life they experience. Its all balls down to a matter of perception and beliefs. Ex. One might control my body, but my spirt, mind and soul is free to believe and do whatever it wants.

3. Zacharias

Zacharias Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Hotep Ala Antuk PurpleMoons

Thank very much
    Question ;
    Isn't <> Believe / Faith A part of religion and the chains you speak of ?

What is this <> spark in the primordial darkness, we came to exist ... You speak of .

What make you feel that your spirit, mind, and soul. ( Not Free ) .

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    One can have "beliefs" and/or "faith" without "religion".

"Believing" that these are "part of religion" seems to imply some form of "chains" to the "WMD" that is "religion".

5. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Yes, belief can be a part of religion if ones belief is based on a set of beliefs, values, and practices of the teachings of a spiritual leader(person).

However, I have no spiritual leader, or rather my spiritual leader is life, in its self. I base my belief on life experiences, the things I have come to know. What makes it my belief, is the fact that everyone elses experiences/perceptions may not be identical to mine. What I know can always be interpreted by others as what I believe if they know and believe something different. And I can respect their differences as well.

The spark I speak of is an energy that exist and reproduced itself, bringing forth everything that exist in the universe today. One might ask, how do I know/believe that such energy exist? Well if you look at life and how it reproduces itself you will see that this energy is real and alive. Take soil for instances. When you dug it from the ground all you could see is soil. No form of plant life or microcosm could be found as far as the naked eye could see. Yet a few months later, you find that something is growing and thriving in this soil. Something that was but wasn't until it saw itself reproduced and knew it exisited.

I know my mind, soul, and spirit are not free because of the struggles I have redefining everything I was taught to believe, instead of living to know. Everyday I have to re-evalute what was taught against what I am actually seeing. Knowing/learning the difference between what is truth and what is subjected truth. I know I am not free because my spirt burns like a fire in me. Always yearning for a connection to that spark from which I came. If my mind, spirit, and soul was free, this struggle with my conscious on what is right or wrong wouldn't exist. I would just be and be doing what is natural for me. Living outside of the mental confinements that has held me down every since I can remember.

I hope I brought understanding to you about my beliefs. Will you be sharing your belief as well? I'm very interested in hearing about you as well.:heart:

6. Zacharias

Zacharias Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Hotep PurpleMoons

Until nubians are taught their true History / Cultures / Language , And learn to work together As One like the Caucasian . The game that being play on them by the Caucasian will CONTINUE ,
    The History / Cultures / Language should be taught to the nubian children while they are Young at home and continue while going to school they also must be taught to work together as one at young Age . Then and only then will their Mind / Soul be truely free . Because Knowledge is the foundation of all things in existence .

We as the true God's / Goddess Of This Planet Call Earth Know The True Revolution Is A War Of Good Against Evil , Right Against Wrong , Fairness Against Unfairness , Loyalty Against Disloyalty , Sincerity Against Insincerity , Honesty Against Dishonesty ; We as the true God's / Goddess Of This Planet Call Earth Know That The Unity Of Our Community And Its Success Will Only Happen With Cooperation With All God's / Goddess Involved .

First let me tell you the reson why I ask about the forum of Christianity / Islam / Moses . I was wondering why in this nubian forum these belief's wasn't being discuss . And I was told here their have been discussion of these belief's . Just wonding were they ran off and that's why they had stop . Now before some one say they were created by the Caucasian , I know that already . Just wondering that all .

I do not add-here to any religion / belief's , Not into spookism .

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Sista Purple.

You are one of the reasons being. To be honest when I first started coming to the religious forum as a Christian I was sooooo intimidated by the strength of your convictions. But it was that strength that helped me break out of the matrix because it was based on reality.

I remember when I first started questioning Christianity and you said you could not sit up in Church and pretend to believe something you knew was not true. That challenged me. was I ready to make such a bold move? Was I ready to ACT on my own convictions. Was I ready to be a woman? I found that I was.

Keep doing whatcha doing, sista

Love ya,
    Da River

8. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Sista Purple.

Oh my gosh! Sister River, you got me over here all choked up.:crying: I don't even know what to say, nor do I remember saying that. But I know you have a recall as big as the universe, so I must have said it.

I admired you and still do. Whew! So articulate, intelligent, understanding, funny, and fierce with it too. I don't mean fierce in a vicious kind of way, but fierce like "two snaps and a circle fierce." I be feeling you sis! Wishing I had your expression, wisdom, and that intelligence that flows so naturally through you. Although I've realized I don't have to be like you, because you complement me. And you are me in the sense of your wanting to free our minds and spirits. You want the best for our people and I want the best for you too. I want you to be happy and complete. Two of the same things I want for myself. I don't care so much about where or how we come to those points, just as long as we can meet there and and floss in our completeness and happiness.

It's funny how we touch each other with our words. Share ourselves with just one jester; Never really being aware of whom we may inspire and how. Just that little bit means soooo much.

It's this song that Sister Destee plays sometimes in chat. It says, " I love you! I need you! I will never hurt you with words from my mouth." Thats so Beautiful! If only we all could keep this in mind when talking to each other, (something I've noticed that you have always done) We all could be that much closer to unity and completeness.

Like Chief Elder Osiris always says, "Here's to Loving You!" (One of my favorite expressions!) Because I know/believe that Loving you is....Loving me!:couple::luvv:

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement, Sister River!
    I LOVE YOU!:heart:

9. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102

Until nubians are taught their true History / Cultures / Language , And learn to work together As One like the Caucasian . The game that being play on them by the Caucasian will CONTINUE ,

I agree! Its also understandable how we have fallen to this point of disunity. We also have to understand not all of us want to be retaught about our history/culture/and language. And with that in mind, we have to find a common ground first. Something that will grab many of our peoples attention. Then re-learning our history, culture, and languange would be more welcomed from most.

Yes, alot of our other religious believers have left the discussions in this forum. Some have converted or grown to know other things. Some have left because of the challenges between which belief is right and which is wrong. Some have left because the are busy doing other things. It's disappointing nonetheless, being all had alot of food for thought to offer, and could add to our collectiveness as a people. But I'm hopeful that they will return and all will learn to respect each other, even if the don't adhere to ones beliefs. I know more is at stake when it comes to Black People and we have to realize our overall well being and existence, depend on our coming together for a common cause.

I hope this temporary disconnect don't stop you from sharing as well. We need each other more than we really know.

Namaste Zacharias:heart:

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Here's to loving us

:toast: