Rwanda : hotel rwanda with d.cheadle SEE IT PLEASE

deepy

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 4, 2003
nyc
I am sure that on one level this should go into entertainment/showbiz..but the importance of the film is far more than the "show"

last night i went to a screening of the film HOTEL RWANDA..a true story of a hutu hotel manager who helped to save over 1200 rwandans during the early 90's period of genocide in Rwanda..the film specifically deals with l994.
I usually nod out for about 2 or 3 minutes at most movies...but this film held me from beginning to end..and I had been nearvous about it..(having seen many films whichare important but really only preach philsophy instead of allowing the audience to be caught in the emotional grip of the story and discover for ourselves) BUT HOTEL RWANDA HELD ME..INFORMED ME..KEPT ME TOTALLY INVOLVED

WHEN IT OPENS IT MOST PROBABLY WILL NOT BE AIMED AT THE DIASPORA (IT SHOULD THO) AND PEOPLE WILL SEE IT AS AN "ART" FILM (WHICH IT IS TOO)...BUT WE NEED TO SUPPORT IT...Like the "Battle of Algiers" in the 60's it is a film that has the potential to make us feel, see, think, recognize
and maybe do...
kDon Cheadle is so good in this film, such a controlled, emotionally chaarged performance..(you can see he worked very hard on is character)as are the dozens of wonderful african actors. Nick Nolte and Joaquin Phoenix are also in it...

Please when it opens your way see it-- HOTEL RWANDA with
Don Cheadle...
produced by A.Kitman Ho

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back