Rwanda : hotel rwanda with d.cheadle SEE IT PLEASE

deepy

Jun 4, 2003
nyc
I am sure that on one level this should go into entertainment/showbiz..but the importance of the film is far more than the "show"

last night i went to a screening of the film HOTEL RWANDA..a true story of a hutu hotel manager who helped to save over 1200 rwandans during the early 90's period of genocide in Rwanda..the film specifically deals with l994.
I usually nod out for about 2 or 3 minutes at most movies...but this film held me from beginning to end..and I had been nearvous about it..(having seen many films whichare important but really only preach philsophy instead of allowing the audience to be caught in the emotional grip of the story and discover for ourselves) BUT HOTEL RWANDA HELD ME..INFORMED ME..KEPT ME TOTALLY INVOLVED

WHEN IT OPENS IT MOST PROBABLY WILL NOT BE AIMED AT THE DIASPORA (IT SHOULD THO) AND PEOPLE WILL SEE IT AS AN "ART" FILM (WHICH IT IS TOO)...BUT WE NEED TO SUPPORT IT...Like the "Battle of Algiers" in the 60's it is a film that has the potential to make us feel, see, think, recognize
and maybe do...
kDon Cheadle is so good in this film, such a controlled, emotionally chaarged performance..(you can see he worked very hard on is character)as are the dozens of wonderful african actors. Nick Nolte and Joaquin Phoenix are also in it...

Please when it opens your way see it-- HOTEL RWANDA with
Don Cheadle...
produced by A.Kitman Ho

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
I respect Don Cheadle very much, and I will be sure to check it out.

Cedric Denson

Remember him in Rosewood, A Lesson Before Dying? His hard-working performance does not surprise me.

CarrieMonet

Dec 26, 2003
Seattle
Occupation
Love my job!
I love Don Cheadle and think he is a very great (and underrated) actor!! Thanks for the heads up!

Isaiah

Jun 8, 2004
deepy said:
I am sure that on one level this should go into entertainment/showbiz..but the importance of the film is far more than the "show"

last night i went to a screening of the film HOTEL RWANDA..a true story of a hutu hotel manager who helped to save over 1200 rwandans during the early 90's period of genocide in Rwanda..the film specifically deals with l994.
I usually nod out for about 2 or 3 minutes at most movies...but this film held me from beginning to end..and I had been nearvous about it..(having seen many films whichare important but really only preach philsophy instead of allowing the audience to be caught in the emotional grip of the story and discover for ourselves) BUT HOTEL RWANDA HELD ME..INFORMED ME..KEPT ME TOTALLY INVOLVED

WHEN IT OPENS IT MOST PROBABLY WILL NOT BE AIMED AT THE DIASPORA (IT SHOULD THO) AND PEOPLE WILL SEE IT AS AN "ART" FILM (WHICH IT IS TOO)...BUT WE NEED TO SUPPORT IT...Like the "Battle of Algiers" in the 60's it is a film that has the potential to make us feel, see, think, recognize
and maybe do...
kDon Cheadle is so good in this film, such a controlled, emotionally chaarged performance..(you can see he worked very hard on is character)as are the dozens of wonderful african actors. Nick Nolte and Joaquin Phoenix are also in it...

Please when it opens your way see it-- HOTEL RWANDA with
Don Cheadle...
produced by A.Kitman Ho[/Q

Sister Deepy, you got me so hooked, and I didn't know jack about this film till you brought us this info... **** right I'm gone see this badboy! In fact, I can't wait to look around for it locally... The Ray Charles movie is spellbinding, but this thing has deeper political implications... Wow, finally a movie that depicts Africans as Africans are, as Africans do... I cannot wait to pay my way in, and see this thing....

Peace!
Isaiah

AfriKing

Jan 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Occupation
High School Student
Don Cheadle is one of my favorite actors, maybe my favorite, I liked him in Rebound and A Lesson Before Dying, I'll rent or buy this when it comes out. Another good movie is LUMUMBA starring Raoul Peck.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
i'll be checking this out too i heard about it and it was said to be good

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: