Black People : Hot getto mess

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by carlhurd, Sep 30, 2006.

1. carlhurd

carlhurd Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    I seen this site from another forum and I think that it is so sad but funny some of the pics that are shown. I was so shocked with many of these images that I am still in shock and do not now what to think, It makes me wonder if there is really hope for many of our people. I also wonder if many people want to change their circumstances or do they want to waddle in misery and despair.

http://www.hotghettomess.com/

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    why bring it here?

it is possible to take such images of any other ethnic. poor white, latins, who ever.
    the fact that it is done against black people and you chose to bring it here make me wonder.
    who produces this and what is their purpose?
    why do you support their anti black efforts?

3. carlhurd

carlhurd Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    Well from my understanding this site was introduced by a black woman who whole purpose was to give us a view of what many of our people condone. I am not trying to create an environment of hostility or create an environment of outrage or anger the purpose of sharing this site is to give those of us who are in better positions to reevaluate what can we do within our own communities to try to create a better environment for our people I think that we need to really try to find a way to set solid standards and then build from there. Until then we will continue to see images like this I am not concerned about the adults it is our children that are at risk here.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Though I understand and respect your POV, mine is a bit different:

We can't be concerned with what the white or latin version of "Hot Ghetto Mess" looks like.

White people already have a system of policing themselves in check.

The intelligent White man, scorns the ig'nant, Redneck *******, because he is an embarrassment to what white people are supposed to be, based on their value system that they uphold.

So does the Latin, Asian, and any other man.

We, however, are the only banana in a bunch of apples.....

For all our talk of wanting to eradicate White supremacy, our biggest stymie to this objective, is recognizing the symptoms that manifest as a result of it.

The biggest problem for Black folks, is that we seem to no longer have a value system. We praise foolishness, and scoff at integrity. WHenever we are called out on our atrocious behaviors, we have a justification (re: "excuse") ready to fly out of our mouths.

Thus, any attempts to police ourselves is thrwarted, as is any attempts to set a positive example. Our music is the worst, in terms of both quality and integrity, in comparison to anything produced on the planet at present.

Our women parade around in anything, or nothing.

Our youth are directionless.

"Hot Ghetto Mess" is putting it nice, as far as descriptions go.

If white supremacy is a disease, then we are suffering from both a terminal and chronic illness. And just as with any illness, to ignore the symptoms, is to continue to watch the infected person die a slow, horrible death.

If it takes "Hot Ghetto Mess" to remind us of our lowest point, for the purpose of not returning there, then so be it.

PEACE

5. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    True enough, "We got to do better!

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    don't get me wrong, i am strong about policing ourselves.
    if it were up to me these people would be whipped.

i believe the first thing to do is to educate the people. i think we all can agree on that.
    i am also a supporter of strip clubs. i believe if a sister must show herself she should go to the strip club and make some money with it.
    when she steps onto the public street she should cover herself.

is this stuff being distributed across the Web as an effort to help black people?
    do you really feel that this website has been set up to help black people?

i don't think so.

7. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Is Hot Ghetto Mess solving any problem? Or even inspiring anyone to create a solution for any problem?

What benefit is the site when 98% of the content is atrocious imagery and you need to dig around in the remaining 2% to find anything positive.

If the site really is built by a professional black woman then it's a shame, but the content and popularity of such a site should be an issue regardless of who is behind it.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother CarlHurd ... Welcome Home ... :love: ... it's good to have you back in the house! Thanks for Becoming a Premium Member, helping to support the community. It is appreciated.

I started this thread, Hot Ghetto Mess . com, some time ago. You may want to take a peek at it, as several in the Family have shared their thoughts on this same topic.

Thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

9. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    By the site's own admission one her purposes was to make money, she just lamented that she hasn't made very much of it from the site...YET.

You don't need to pimp destructive images to elicit a conversation about doing better in our community.

I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Reilly or someone doing a special featuring this site...I can see it now... they'd put this chic on as a legitimate spokesperson for the black community because of her "novel" approach...meanwhile they'd keep a splash screen scrolling the images through for the entire interview...

10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Agreed. I can't view the site right now (I'm at work; firewalls and all), but I've seen some of the images, as they've been forwarded to my e-mail on past occasions.

I think overall, shock value is the main purpose. And you know what? It works.

I've seem some of the "ghetto sisters" that I work with, be shocked and appauled at some of the images, when they open up the same chain e-mails that I got.

We are the only people who want to celebrate our successes but ignore our failures......Not only that, but we try, in some twisted way, to skew our failures into successes.

If this woman is making money off of this, then of course it's wrong. That's when it becomes exploitation, and she's no better than the fools she's taking pictures of.

But I think that the concept serves as a good public service tool for our people.

It's no different than those "THE TRUTH" commercials that we see on TV, about smoking.

Maybe she just needs a better plan of tactic with this.

PEACE