Black Women : hope for your little sister

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by AfroBoricuaRoni, Aug 26, 2004.

1. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    What advice could you give to a young lady who has many goals, dreams and potential but slowly is losing the motivation she needs to achieve?

2. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ooh, you have taken me back ot freshmen year of college. Al I wanted to do was party, sleep late,and .... Anyway, at one point I looked up, and realzied that the year was over, I was failing all my classes, and I didn't care.

I bounced around from school to school, dead end job to dead end job before making the decision to go back to school and DO something. My motivation came mainly from looking at my son's innocent face, and knowing that this little person depended on me 100% for everything!

However, you should not (solely) depend on motivation from an external source. There has to be something within you that makes you get up every morning and do what needs to be done. Trust me, there are plenty of days when I look at the clock and roll back over. What makes me get up, other than my son? Knowing that if I don't do it, no one will do it for me. Not my parents. Not my friends. Certainly not my ex husband.

I can only suggest that you look deep within yourself, see what it is that you want to accomplish. When you do that, break it up into small goals. Like, if your ultimate was to say........ be a pirate. One of the first things you'd need to know is how to drive a boat..... :) Wanna be a poet? Collect your poems somewhere, type them up and bind them. Wanna be a brain surgeon? Learn biology and pratice cutting up your meat and veggies inot neat little pieces........ Make your big dream small, achievable goals. And don't worry about being behind someone, or what anyone else is doing. People are graduating from college at the age of 85 these days.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    soft advice to stay focus keep ya dreams high enough to inspire you
    and low enough to encourage you , hold high self esteem and keep your
    mind on the goal you set forth to complete a young journey know thy
    friends and talk with positive people around you .