Black Entertainment : Hooked on Flavor of Love, I see

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/news/a...r-is-a-show-its-fans-admit-they-hate-to-love/

“It appeals to people are tired of seeing the same old thing,” he says. “It does amazing ratings among African-American females, who are always telling us that they know women like those on the show - strong women who have strong opinions and say what’s on their minds ... Women who aren’t Barbie dolls.”

Like many “Flavor of Love” fans, Brooks-Moon feels conflicted over her devotion to the show. On one hand, she recognizes its flaws ("It’s horrific. This is not what our ancestors fought so hard for - to be represented like this.") And she won’t talk about it on her 98.1-FM morning show unless a caller brings it up.

On the other hand, it represents an hour of mindless escape.

“I don’t get a lot of time to sit down and relax with my husband,” she says. “It’s an hour to laugh and go crazy. It’s my massage for the week.”

Just to add our ANCESTORS ENDURED ALL THINGS. They had NO WHERE TO ESCAPE. RACISM and the EVER DOWNWARD SPIRALING VIEW of BLACK PEOPLE is STILL HERE as it was BACK THEN.

But today the TIMES have CHANGED I GUESS. Maybe we should LET GO even mentioning our ANCESTORS in such a MATTER and ENJOY this 'GOOD' ESCAPE.

Image is EVERYTHING.

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back