Honoring Black Ancestors : Honoring "Earline Hopkins"

Bluewater

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 11, 2003
Baltimore, MD
Occupation
Praising The Lord
I’m honoring my grandmother Earline Hopkins, who passed away this morning at 5:30 am. She was a wonderful mother, grandmother, and friend.
She reached the fruitful age of 100 on March 23, 2012. The backbone. The queen.

I had the good fortune to go down south this summer, and spend three weeks visiting with her.
Like with all the people in our lives, she will be missed, but not forgotten.

I was talking to my children about the time of her death. 5:30 am. That is the time she and my grandfather would get up to start their day.
It’s like I can see my grandfather coming for her taking her by the hand. So she wouldn’t travel alone. And they are once again together as one.

Thank you Sister Destee for having this forum where I can share my love and feeling.
It’s always the little things that makes the biggest different.
Peace and Love

I’m honoring my grandmother Earline Hopkins, who passed away this morning at 5:30 am. She was a wonderful mother, grandmother, and friend.
She reached the fruitful age of 100 on March 23, 2012. The backbone. The queen.

I had the good fortune to go down south this summer, and spend three weeks visiting with her.
Like with all the people in our lives, she will be missed, but not forgotten.

I was talking to my children about the time of her death. 5:30 am. That is the time she and my grandfather would get up to start their day.
It’s like I can see my grandfather coming for her taking her by the hand. So she wouldn’t travel alone. And they are once again together as one.

Thank you Sister Destee for having this forum where I can share my love and feeling.
It’s always the little things that makes the biggest different.
Peace and Love

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back