Honoring Ancestress Rosa Parks

Discussion in 'Honoring Black Ancestors' started by anAfrican, Dec 1, 2005.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    In Honor of Ancestress Sister Rosa Parks' stand, Community Transit (Snohomish County, Washington state), has placed her picture on the outside of the bus next to the seat she was sitting in. (5th row, eh?)

(apologies, but just in case this story gets buried in their archives, i'm gonna go ahead and post the whole thing here.)

(my family has lived in this county for the last 35+ years. lately i've been really hating this space because these people are just so "white" (in addition to the skin; their attitudes are just that "non-Life-affirming").

not sure if i have mixed feelings, or why i should (just automatically suspicious of the underlying reasons for all that white folks do), but i'm glad they did something. i'll be sure to be watching for the pic as i go about my day.)

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother AnAfrican, thanks for posting this thread, and the wonderful picture, on the 50 year anniversary of Rosa Parks singular act of courage...

December 1st of every year should be commemorated by every child - particularly BLACK CHILDREN - in this country, just as MLK DAY is commemorated... It is just as important, because without it, MLK would not have become the celebrated figure he is today... Thanks again, AnAfrican, for this timely remembrance...

Peace!
    Isaiah