Health and Wellness : Honey & Oatmeal Skin Smoother

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Amnat77, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Exfoliating the skin is a top way to keep it looking young and fresh. One simple way to keep skin in shape is using oatmeal and raw honey. Honey is an amazing moisturizer that contains alpha hydroxy acids that exfoliate the skin. It is also used to combat acne. Oatmeal works as an exfoliant and a moisturizer that soothes irritated or sunburned skin. The combination makes a cheap, natural scrub that rejuvenates the skin.

Read more: How to Make a Honey & Oatmeal Skin Smoother | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5845456_make-honey-oatmeal-skin-smoother.html#ixzz1ATNNq5C2

2. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    How to Make an Oatmeal Scrub

[​IMG]

In addition to oatmeal's use as a nutritious breakfast food, it also works well in shampoos, lotions and cleansers. Oatmeal helps moisturize and soften dry skin, as well as helps clear up rashes or other irritations. Instead of purchasing an expensive over-the-counter oatmeal scrub, you can save a little cash and make your own oatmeal scrub at home. Some scrub recipes combine oatmeal with avocado, cucumber, garlic or honey, while others use only oats and warm water.

Read more: How to Make an Oatmeal Scrub | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7617668_make-oatmeal-scrub.html#ixzz1ATQnYUQZ

3. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    This works aswell for mild skin break outs...

4. largo

largo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +286
    Honey and sugar work really well also. And here is something else you can do for incredibly soft skin. Replace your wash cloth with a loofah. I like to use an Egyptian variety. Replace your soap with African black soap from Ghana. And replace your usual moisturizer with a combination moisturizer of shea butter, extra virgin coconut oil or EVOO, and vitamin E oil. Apply while your skin is still slightly damp. You will love your super soft skin! So will your significant other <smile>. If you are adventurous, you can scent your moisturizer with an essential oil or a fruit oil.

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Ooo, I've done this. But bad habits have to be gotten rid of, also, which can cause the skin to break out, such as wearing make-up.

6. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    I'm big on using and making natural products for my skin and home remedies...(when possible)..

I also use sugar and egg combo as a face and body scrub.