Black Relationships : Honesty is the best policy

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by dunwiddat, Oct 19, 2013.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    I have been reading the various topics on black relationships. I came here in September 2012, and there has been a lot of talk, black women are queens, those who marry out their race are not true to their cultural identity yada yada

This is a picture of the Ugandan Lords Resistance Army general Joseph Kony's sister.

[​IMG]

She is a black woman from Africa, but I am sure that many here would never, never think of marrying her or someone looking like her. The hypocrisy is amazing. Men talk about black this and that and when the dust settles, they marry someone that looks a bit European. No thick lip, no dark dark skin woman...but will rant and rave about black culture.

We all need to take a deep look within ourselves and be honest. Tar and feather me if ya'll like, but that's all right.

2. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Why on this green earth would you think. Never mind. It aint worth the debate.

3. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Thank goodness you aren't one of us "African American" illusionist yet. Keep your roots close.

4. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

I am talking about here as on this site. I am a realist...and men need to check their hearts and be honest with themselves.

5. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Oh you one of those "real" social site speakers. Meaning that ya act like you can read them through the internet signals. Don't take people that are against your way so seriously. Most(not here:)are just "i'm a" posters. also known as posers.

6. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    In all honesty, your perception is flawed. There are many brothers who do not have a problem with black women being potential mates. There are more than you think who would love a black women to be their wives. But hypocrisy based on the picture?

Ask brothers if they would find the woman in the picture attractive and they would honestly tell you no. It does NOT have to do with her not being European, Chinese, Japanese, or any other race. but knowing that attraction is usually the start of a man's interest in a woman. lots of us would not marry or date that woman because we do not find an attraction to her. If I was in Uganda and had known her a bit better, she may have had a shot. But just off a picture and her being a stranger - not a chance. And that is with the dust being settled. At the end of the day, I want a sista on my arm, one who loves me, one who prays for me, one I can share a family with, etc., but included in that is a sista that I am attracted to.

7. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    This thread is a trip and a half, REALLY. I may not be PHYSICALLY attracted to the female in that photo you presented but I would not be one not to love someone that looks that way. Someone's looks are not their whole, but when one tries to find a mate one tries to find one that encompasses as many things one has on "their" checklist. So before anyone thinks I am speaking for them, I'll straight up say that I look for the total package, and looks are a part of it.

Please do not make it like only the males are only ones that incorporate looks to the mix. There had to be a reason you posted the pic you did and I will go no further as I have a feeling others that are aware will realize what I am getting at.

8. Mochalovekisses

Mochalovekisses Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +108
    lol

9. Mochalovekisses

Mochalovekisses Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +108
    Great response.

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    The thing is, men are indeed more "visual" creatures than women, but that doesn't mean women don't place any weight on looks.

People are attracted to youthful, strong, and vibrant appearances because it spells health for their offspring, so I don't believe black men would deny marrying her because she is dark skinned and doesn't look european enough. :10500:

I'm not a dark skinned woman, but I have thick lips, my hair isn't straightened, and my nose isn't slender, and I haven't had any issue with brothers finding me attractive and some wanting to marry me.

So I think you are stretching this a bit, and not being fair to the brothers.