Black People : Homosexuals and Public Lavatories

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nia Maishani, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    For obvious reasons, public lavatories are gender-restricted.

Even though we all know that not all men are perverts or sexual predators, how many of us would feel comfortable allowing men to occupy the same restroom facility as our daughters?

Let's take it a step further. Homosexuals or transsexuals in the same public lavatory as those (of all ages) of the same sex. If a lesbian is attracted to women and not men, would it not be inappropriate for her to occupy the same bathroom facility as me, or the same locker room, etc.? Any man in a locker room full of nothing but women is going to be eyeing some a$$es, so just keep it real. So why is it some folk want to imply that homosexuals are somehow immune to--innocent of--the natural eye-lingering mechanism that we know is common--if not invariable--among heterosexuals?

What about a transsexual (usually a male who had a sex change operation) utilizing the ladies' room? I've personally been in a public restroom where a transsexual came in and used the facility just as if he had every natural right to be in there with us. It was several years ago at a nightclub. How many of you find that acceptable, and believe transsexuals should have the right to access the ladies' room?

2. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    I wonder if you are confusing the terms transsexual and cross-dresser or drag queen. A transsexual is someone who has had gender reassignment surgery and now lives as the sex opposite of the one she or he was born as. Thus, that person should be using the restroom for the gender she/he now is. A cross-dresser or drag queen is someone who dresses as the opposite sex, ie men dressing as women with high heels, etc. Some drag queens will go in and use the ladies room at clubs. Is that what you're uncomfortable with?

As for lesbians using the restroom with you, that's something you'll have to live with, as it would take a hell of a lot of money to make separate restrooms for lesbians and gay men, not to mention space. Can you imagine businesses with four restrooms? And how many closeted gay people would use the gay and lesbian restrooms? Impractical and not gonna happen.

3. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    My freshman year in college, all the freshmen men had to live in one dorm. We had three bathrooms on each floor. There was a good amount of openly gay men in the dorm, and God knows how many closeted gay men. It was never an issue. No one was hitting on one another in the bathrooms. Not to my knowledge anyway. Or maybe no one wanted me(which is fine by me). Just because they are gay doesn't mean they are looking at every man. Just my 2 cent.

4. as long as the person doesn't make any advances toward me, I don't give a flying hoot and that goes for any gender...

I'm the type of person that can be in the enviornment of anyone as long as I'm not harmfully touched or verbally obstructed in anyway, it's no biggy...

see i don't judge so I don't get ewwwww by being around those who are not like myself...ie. heteros, crossdressers, transgender, etc...

for clarity, I'm a lesbian...

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hello Sister Nia ... Sister Gempis ... Brother SayWord ... Sister [email protected]

I don't believe i've ever thought of this before. When i think of using public toilet facilities, i'd not want anyone, male, female, black, white, homosexual, lesbian, heterosexual, adult, child, or anyone doing any ... innocent of--the natural eye-lingering mechanism stuff.

I think we live in a day when it makes no difference who the bathroom is designated for, trouble could be lurking inside. Trust no one with your children, never leave them unattended.

When it comes to my safety, or the safety of my children, i could care less who a person sleeps with or what underclothes they wear ... if we happen to be in the restroom together, handle your business and i'll handle mine.

:heart:

Destee

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    First of all, I would never permit a MINOR child in my custodial care to visit a public restroom alone...period.

Secondly, I'm not bothered by people and their different sexual orientations. People that keep "private" matters to themselves and don't impose their beliefs on me are fine with me. In a non-sexual situation, when I look at people I tend not to wonder what they do in the privacy of their bedroom. It's only an issue if people make it one, in my opinion.

Sharing a restroom or locker-room with a trans-sexual does not concern me. I've seen men's genitals, I've seen women's genitals. Seeing men's genitals on what appears to be a woman is different, but not shocking to me. As for people that hang out in public restrooms along interstate highways in search of sexual contacts, that's another issue and one not confined to any particular gender.

As for people staring...what's unnatural about that? Everyone does it to some degree regardless of their sexual orientation.

One way some organizations and businesses are handling the public restroom situation is to add a UNISEX restroom as an option to the usual "Men" and "Women" option. I was introduced to the unisex version over 20 years ago when I visited other western countries. Believe it or not, there are many people who don't have any hang ups or problems with men and women share public lavatories. What do we think is going to happen as a result--sexual contacts will increase? My thinking is that the primary reason that people use lavatories are for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with sneaking a peak at what's hanging or not hanging between one's legs.

MHO...peace! :spinstar:

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Dear Lord.....what is this world coming to?

8. uzoka

uzoka Well-Known Member MEMBER

writer
    Ratings:
    +8
    The only restrooms that I will use, apart from my own, are that of my friends and those provided at work for employees as I prefer to use a cubicle so as to prevent anyone who wishes to, ahem, compare notes.

Of course if I travel then I am forced to use what is available, which is the only part of travelling I do not like :lol:

But between travel, I will absolutely not use public restrooms but that has nothing to do with the sexual preferences of those who may choose to use the restroom at the same time as I.

Most male public lavatories are filthy to look at and even more so offensive to the nose so I stay away.

Peace.....