Black Relationships : Homosexuality

actually, you are right. i got no business arguing bible with anybody.
maybe this thread should have been moved to the christian section.
in any case, you do you.

Peace James,

The Bible is a book.. not God.. not Jesus.. not Truth.. or deliverance.. or anything else folks mistake it for.. It's a book.. and
even though it may talk about those things.. and folks may have built their entire spiritual lives atop the ideas contained in it.. its still just a book. And I know there are folks that worship the book itself like it is actually their God.. like Idol-worshippers.. but, you guessed it.. its just a book. And you have just as much right as anybody else to interpret it.. to argue with it.. to criticize it.

The problem we're running into in this thread is that everyone knows what Christianity's position on Homosexuality is.. so what is this really about? At some point, we're going to have to figure out how we can dive deeper into whats really behind the disdain.. secular and religious.. for homosexuality.. And once we get passed the disdain, we're going to have to open other areas of discussion regarding the homosexual lifestyle. And we're going to have to find a way to place this discussion within the context of the social strivings of our community as a whole. But that's going to have to be a very carefully crafted dialogue. This CNN/FOX News method of inviting opposing sides to a table to have them argue, does nothing to move us forward.. we have to move from debate and grand standing to dialogue and understanding.

-Peace again..

Maybe we can next ask how does Buddhism, Islam, Yoga, and shrimp and fish religion feel about homosexuality? or more importantly, seriously and productively ask How does homosexuality promote Black unity, development empowerment and stronger Black families? I doubt if that will be touched. When discussing Christianity it can go on and on for 4 years and that's just warming up.

Gays do not just live separate. They are also everywhere. Judging from the swish in his walk, one was working at the employment agency I went to yesterday. Earlier in the week, I saw a couple of sistas holding hands and cuddling up on a bus. And we have all been to churches with sweet choir directors.

There are probably even a few here amongst the regulars on Destee. They have always been a part of our communities even though some here seem to think homosexuality is something white folks invented to keep a brotha down. We insult them, beat them up, and follow the dictates of our master's religion which ostracizes all kinds of folks gay and whatever.

But a lot of us also recognize them as mom, dad, uncle, aunt, brother, or sister.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back