Black Relationships : Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by legit-writer, Feb 18, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    For those who follow the Christian faith, I want to know if you feel that being a homosexual is a sin, and also how do you feel about churches welcoming homosexuals? Is there a such thing as homosexual Christians? If it is a sin, why? If not a sin, why not? Do you have any family members who are homosexual or that you may suspect is? How would you feel if one of your relatives were? For those who have children and were raised Christian, how would you feel if your child told you they are attracted to people of the same gender as they are when you have raised them to be in a heterosexual relationship?

2. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    >>>'Mimi' grabs box of popcorn<<<

Atheist, here...but I want to weigh in on the homo discussion with some personal stories.

My oldest brother is a homo. I mean, as if he didn't have 2 strikes what with being a lawyer and a black republican....
    Over the holidays, we had dinner with him and his man, who is white. Yes -- a black gay Republican lawyer...in an interracial relationship...with a WHITE man.
    ...and they're both named 'Michael'. We call them 'Salt n Peppa' Mike. <- get it?
    *laugh*

All joking aside, he had 'alchie' problems...and came out at an AA meeting. He was afraid to tell us, but my mother and dady were just like, "You're our son, we love you." They don't care. They don't even talk about it or reference the church or anything. He sends his tithes in to my mother so that she can take them with her to church...and that's that.
    We grew up in a very conservative Christian home, btw.
    If they had disowned him, they would've lost 2 children -- because I would've stopped speaking to them.
    You don't treat people like that. You don't throw people away like that. I'm the baby of the family and only girl. I love my brothers - but 'Big Mike' is my Big Brother. I'll back him up, regardless.
    Gay or not, he's a human being. AND...he's their son. He's a good person...and he takes care of them. He calls them nightly. He's always showing up to take my mother to lunch and shopping. Had their house 're-roofed'. Had their driveway redone. I mean, he's the perfect adult child. *laugh*

He came out 2 years back...and he's in his 40's. All of this 'sin' stuff never came from their mouths and he knows that I (and our brothers) don't care about that sort of thing, so....
    I just think...my brother's just happy to be 'himself', finally. He was afraid that we wouldn't love him if we knew...and it actually hurt me that he'd think this. But he was just so excited to have us met his partner. He's stopped drinking, too.

When I was in sunday school, the pastor's grandson and one of my peers, 'came out'...and was promptly thrown out of the house.
    Yet, his baby sister can get preggo at 14 and they're totally fine with it. Of course, she was sent away and a lie was made up...but it came out, anyway.
    So, you can imagine how pleased I was to learn that this pastor had lost his church and his flock within 5 years. GOOD....
    ...because that really messed that my friend's life up. He was a young kid. These gays need support and they latch on to the first folks who show them what looks to be 'unconditional love'...and sometimes it's not a good association. The stress comes from society and you have these folks turning to drugs and drinking to handle their depression/identity issues.
    It really messed his young life up.
    I always say that I'm going to help him out if I see him, but I never do... SMH

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    who knows where da nose goes when da door closed?

4. monife

monife Member MEMBER

POET
    Ratings:
    +11
    It's wrong to be gay. There's no excuse for such vile, unnatural act. It destroys society.

5. noor100

noor100 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +566
    Homosexuality goes against the natural order of things[DIVINE LAW]...it's not about hate as it is about TRUTH.
    And one should never forsake the truth for the sake of unity.It would be the death of us in the long run.
    So we hate that which is oppose to Truth and the natural order of things.

[And I'm speaking as a Muslim]

6. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Ahh,..weeellll, I have 3 cousins that are gay, I still love em..their my family

..I have bumped into a few friends that are gay. Some of em have helped me out alot when i didn't have any money...

I treat people the way i want to be treated. And that is respect..You give respect and and you get respect...

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i have no problem with gay people....
    my problem is with the ones that choose to deceive others into thinking that they are str8
    when actually they are on some fruit loop ish....
    in today's times that has to be considered devilish behavior because the ramifications could be DEATH....

one love
    khasm

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

You may be better than me in principles...depending on how you look at it. My brother who is now 50 years old, I haven't seen him in 26 years. He made the fatal mistake of coming to my house with a white woman and a white baby. Once I told him that she wasn't coming in my house, he told me; Well if she can't come in he wasn't coming in". Why he said that I'll never know. I let him and his white trash know right there on the spot....Both of them can get the f*** out and for him not to ever come to my house with no honky!! That was 26 years ago. I haven't seen him since. Do I miss him? Yes...but not enough to let him come to my house with no honky ! My other brother under me by a year, I haven't seen him in 28 years. Once he made the decision that he was into the penis, that was it for me. We didn't grow up like that and I don't feel as if I have to compromise my principles to accommodate any of them all because we come from the same family.

Now for the sake of argument, I'm going into the Bible for this one. When Jesus was asked about his brothers and sisters, Jesus said; My brothers and sisters are those who believe as I believe. So in reality my brothers were asking me to compromise the principles that we were raised with just so they could bring the infection of white women and homosexuality in my home around my children who were young back then. I wasn't having it and as of today I still ain't havin it!!! He got babies by that white trash and I couldn't tell you one of their names. The white people in my family up in Canada...I don't know their names either and don't want to know.

What's important is that I know who in the hell I am and what our history and legacy is about....and it dam sure ain't about white people or some meat that look like my meat !!!....but hey, this is the difference between black people and BLACK PEOPLE, and I'm BLACK (Kemetic) PEOPLE PERIOD !!!

9. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Well many people in these Christians churches are wolves in sheep clothing who are there to deceive the masses, but let keep this short and biblical.
    Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:26-32
    26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    28 And even as they did not like to a retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, bmaliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

It's an abomination.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    black people will never be united…...