Black People : Homosexual and Conscious??

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Neb Akhu Ra, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Neb Akhu Ra

Neb Akhu Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    Hetep!

Would like to inquire about how the board feels about someone who practices homosexuality and refers to themself as conscious or afrocentric. I know a brother who is a homosexual, however has knowledge and is definitely living in line with the Ancestors and has a very African mind. Is this possible?? How do the board members feel about this?? Is he genuine or a fraud?? I know certain people such as Dr. York see nothing wrong with homosexuality but what is the larger concensus?? Does sexual orientation matter in regards to liberation, both spiritually and physically?? Please let me know what you think, im perplexed and dont want to befriend black tesheru or sebau unaware.

Hetep!

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Hmm Interesting.
    I'd like to know others opinions on this.

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
  4. Neb Akhu Ra

Ratings:
    +14
    Hetep!
    Social Disease or moral disorder? and what is actually ,orality, is it relative or absolute? I understand that traditionally scholars, such as Diop and Clarke, have used European scholarship to state that homosexuality is foreign to Afreekans, however the scholarship which stated this was the height of racist polemics. (i.e it was thought Afreekans exist on an animal level and as such could only use sex for biological necessity, that is to mate.) What about animal homosexuality? Its occurs and as such is part of nature, which wholely obeys Nebertcher. Just interested, as I think alot of times we deal with European moral concepts and ideas and act as if they are pure. Can anyone direct me to a text to tell the brother? or a discussion of it? What about the so-called "two spirit" people, and indigenous Afreekan patterns of homosexuality which are mostly gender stratified homosexual relations. I really have a hard time relegating my brothers and sisters to the sebau because of whom they choose to sleep with, especially when a brother or sister can be with a pure devil, or be devilish in attitude and mind and we accept them more readily than one who is living as an Afreekan, just not mating with who we want.
    Hetep!

p.s. If Amma is bisexual, then is it really effiminization, or tapping into female energies? are priest of Yemonja effeminized and thus a plague or are they tapping into the passive/feminine energy of creation??

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    This is the greatest CONTRADICTION THAT EVER EXISTED!!! First of all, "Knowledge and Information" are two different things. He's a Homo with information and that is all !! It only becomes KNOWLEDGE when it is internalized...which means that it is being "LIVED OUT" because it is an internal part of who they are....CUT AND DRY !!!!

6. Neb Akhu Ra

Ratings:
    +14
    Hetep!
    Such emotional replies, argumentum ad hominem and all. I dont care what you personally think or feel, just direct me to a source of traditional Afreekan knowledge which says it cant be so. He may be a homo but hes still OUR BROTHER!!!! And if he is misguided we have a responsibility to help him, not lash out or abuse him.
    Hetep

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    brother keita is right...there is a difference between knowledge and information....
    the logical thing to do if u believe homosexuals to be conscious is to prove that fact...
    asking someone to prove the inverse is a cop out when u have not yet proven ur assertion...

one love
    khasm

8. Neb Akhu Ra

Ratings:
    +14
    Hetep!
    Brother you read into my words that which isnt there. I have made no assertion, simply seeking truth not opinion. Who said homosexuality was wrong? the same one who said slaves obey your master, so what im trying to find is an AUTHENTIC AFREEKAN answer to the question, not one shaped by tamahus, whether they be european or arab.
    Hetep!

9. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    :?:
    From what I read the responses have answered your original question.
    Your last post is something else.

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    lol....
    i was thinking the same thing sister...
    maybe there really is no friend...

:11600:

one love
    khasm