Black People : Homophobia

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ru2religious, Dec 19, 2010.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    What is it? I'm getting sick and tired of hearing people call grown men who are men homophobic because we don't agree with a life-style.

Listen: I was at work the other day - and we have about 40 people in our office - I was chillin and this dude had just got back from getting married. All of these women were congratulating him on his marriage. Me being nice I said, congrads on your marriage and I hope it works out. Little did I know that this dude married a grown *** man. My female Asian boss looked at me with a major frown on her face and I didn't know why until - this dude started talking loud. This dude said, "my husband ..." and before he could go any further I jumped up and said "WHAT!!!"? Your married to a grown *** man? My work associate looked at me with a frown because I'm usually quite - then I said immediately "naw playa - I take that back - I don't condone nor did I know you got married to a grown man.

My Asian boss immediately started smiling and she said it with a quickness - "that's an abomination to god" and she walked off without a second thought about it. We could have gotten in trouble for that - but dude said I'm used to it - with his feminine girly act ***

She said its an abomination to god - which brings me to the point of this thread. Why is it okay for a woman to dislike homosexuals and if a man states that he disapproves of such activities he has to wear a label with homo in it? I was considered a homophobic that instant while she was considered "expressing her opinion".

The day has come where we as MEN cannot express our disdain for what is unnatural. If I say I don't like homosexuals then immediately - I'm considered homophobic which is to say "I have hidden homosexual desires". WHAT!!!

I love women - we MEN who love women have a right to say I don't like what you do!!!

What is up with this homophobic garbage!!! Women can express their dislike and nothing is wrong with it but if a man express his dislike his a hidden homo - that's garbage.

Nye

Ru2religious

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Of course, I hear you. Can you imagine the kinds of responses I get sometimes with a name such as "Omowale".

Years ago, before I started posting here, I used to argue with folks around this same issue on blackplanet where some would in turn respond labeling me not only homophobic but also a "homothug". But I dont wear my pants saggin showing my assets like the men some of these same women be datin.

It aint easy being a "stright man" these days. IF YOU AINT GOT SOME SUGAR IN YOUR TANK MANY WILL STILL CLAIM THAT YOU DO.

Oh well...livin in the city aint no joke.

3. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I think the term "Homophobic" was conjured up by homosexuals as a defense mechanism against heterosexual men who are repulsed by the thought of a man laying up with another man. Homosexuals make my skin crawl. There is nothing "phobic" about it. I see it as being like our gag reflex, it has a purpose. It prevents something from entering the throat except as part of natural swallowing and helps prevent choking. A heterosexual is repulsed by unnatural homosexuality in the same manner. Just like our gag reflex can be gotten around, so can a heterosexuals natural repulse to unnatural homosexuality. That's the tactics homosexuals are using on society right now. They are trying to normalize homosexuality, they are getting around theo societal gag reflex.

There is nothing natural about homosexuality. As your boss indicated, it is an abomination to God. For without God, and His unchanging law, anything that society normalizes is "right", so the tactics of homosexuals can change what WAS wrong into right, buy overcoming the gag reflex through gradually normalizing it.

Those who hold firm to God's unchanging word will soon find themselves in great conflict with the homosexual agenda. As they employ their tactics to normalize their lifestyle, those who speak out on what God's word has to say about their lifestyle will be considered as committing hate crimes. This is not just speculation, it is fact. It has already occured and will become much more common.
    Hate Crimes for preaching Gods position on homosexuality

So the issue is much deeper than simply being labled "homophobic", oh the homosexual agenda is much more advanced that that, they have a long range goal.

4. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    Since homophobic is defined as a fear or intense hatred for homosexuals - im not homophobic. I just think its narsty and I don't want no battyman round me - I'm not apologising to no one for that.

5. Proud&Ashamed

Proud&Ashamed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9

What do you mean with "men who are men"? How can a man not be a man?

I don't think you should generalize this one experience and believe this is always the case. From what I have seen, people didn't seem to be any less likely to label a male as homophobic than a female. But then again, i can't generalize either, what i have seen could as well be an exception to the rule...

I do kind of understand them if the three asterisks represent a word that starts with a F and ends with a G, though. Apparently, the Asian woman did nothing but express an opinion without showing any signs of disdain toward homosexuals (many Christians are against homosexuality, but still don't treat them any differently than they'd treat a "normal" person). You, on the other hand, used a derogatory term to refer to his husband. You took it back, but the simple fact that you said it in the first place made your viewpoint on the matter pretty clear to them i guess, hence the label.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Call me what they want , it's not right in no eye sight of the living but the beholder
    i'm not down for this ......Men need to be men and women / women as what each
    person was made of or to be.

But this swing on both sides of the gate anybody who display range of negative
    attitudes and feelings towards lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, and in some cases
    transgender and intersex people with prejudice hate dislike,One with an irrational
    fear of homosexuality and homosexuals is called a homophobic

This is Ameri-ca the land of anything goes it's just not my cup of tea !

7. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I think you misread his statement (or possibly I did, but I don't think so).

He said, " Your married to a grown *** man? My work associate looked at me with a frown because I'm usually quite - then I said immediately "naw playa - I take that back - I don't condone nor did I know you got married to a grown man."

I think the three asterisk begins with an A and ends with an S and has an S in the middle. Profanity, yes. Derogatory term, not really...just discriptive using a common street vernacular.

Also, I think by "I take that back" he was referring to his previous offer of congratulations.

I'm sure he will clear it up later but, that's my understanding of what he said.

8. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Actually Full Speed was correct - it starts with an A and ends with S. Secondly, it was the shock factors because I gave congrads to a homosexual union as though I'm okay with it. I was taking back my congrads because I'm not okay with it.

The point that I was trying to make is pretty simple - its like a woman hate murderers but a man have got to be quite about his dislike for murderers least he be called a murderphobic (meaning: having hidden murderous feeling or a closet murderer). Its the same thing as this homophobic talk - when someone calls you a homophobic they are actually implying that you have some hidden homo fantasies or that your a closet homo.

The word forces men who dislike that type of garbage into a corner to which we have to keep our mouths shut. If I say something people are going to call me a homophobic - if I don't say something people are going to think I'm comfortable with this garbage and they will feel like they can bring it around me and my kids.

This word is becoming a word that enslaves "MEN WHO ARE MEN" and not girly men who act like women, or lust after another man. It forces us to be quite because we don't want the label homophobic because of what it implies. The word is like the police - when they are around we feel uncomfortable and want to avoid them at all cost and when they are in our face we get away from them as fast as possible. The word homophobic is the same way we try to avoid that word as much as possible.

Nevertheless, I'm making a clear stand today - I rather be called prejudice/bias then to be called a homophobic because of the word implications.

We have to kill that word - or its will remain the police of language against straight men; period!!!

O and lets be clear - I AM NOT condoning or suggesting going out beating down people who are homosexuals - or anything of that nature - this thread is about eradicating a word that enslaves straight men.

Peace

Ru2religious

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    ok

:geek:you not homophobe, you just a hater:em2300:

10. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    'Hater' needs to get thrown in the can along with homophobic and anti-semitic:em2300:
    I could be criticising the sickest minded person on the planet, he could still call me a hater