Nigeria : Homophobia in Nigeria, Uganda, Malawi And Over-sexed South Africa

@Kemetstry
But this is all just confirming what I've already accepted - God doesn't like homosexuality and thinks it is an evil thing.
Like I even said myself way back I think its unnatural and frankly icky

But its not getting me anywhere with this persecution thing - I haven't found anywhere yet where it says you should persecute these people because they're doing this - and to be honest I don't know what I'd do if I did find a passage that said that - I'd probabaly just have to be classed as a sinner myself because there's just no way I could persecute / harm / hate anyone - I honestly don't think I've ever hated anyone before.

There is a direct line in the old testament of GOD killing them to it becomng law that man kill them. This edict and tradition is over 5000 years old. Mosaic law isnt the only tradition where this comes from. But, I was just showing you how old killing them and persecuting them is by man. And I think we both would agree, gays consider killing of them persecution

That's the part you seem to want to ignore. The bible says we are to persecute them. And so we do

:whip:

:court:

:bully:

:em0200:

OK I didn't find this direct line you're talking about, but I'm prepared to believe you're right until I see evidence or find out myself otherwise
Now I'm not ignoring that...
But what I am saying is that if some gay guy or lesbian was standing in front of me and I was told to kill them because of the evil things they had done I couldn't do it that's all - maybe that means I'm destined for hell - I sure hope not.

OK I didn't find this direct line you're talking about, but I'm prepared to believe you're right until I see evidence or find out myself otherwise
Now I'm not ignoring that...
But what I am saying is that if some gay guy or lesbian was standing in front of me and I was told to kill them because of the evil things they had done I couldn't do it that's all - maybe that means I'm destined for hell - I sure hope not.

Ok, then you're going to have to look it up. Ignorance isnt bliss in this case. I'm just showing you that there is a direct line for this persecution

:geek:

:fyi:

:em0200:

Written by Paul I. Adujie

Why is it so important for Nigeria, Uganda and now, Malawi to squander public resources in the repression of homosexuals and lesbians citizens within these African nations? It is just astonishing that some African nations focus on the persecution of homosexuals, gays and lesbians, instead of the more important focus on continental development.

Why is it that political and religious leaders in these nations seem to see or interpret homosexual and lesbians sexual preferences and practices as if more of existential threats and or, inimical to the pursuits of health, wealth and happiness than say, malaria, AIDS, unemployment, unclean water, broken and decrepit public infrastructures?

I am a heterosexual male and I do not believe that my sexual preference makes me remarkable.

Besides, I also believe in the Human Rights of all persons regardless of such persons’ sexual preferences. I, We, Nigerians, Ugandans, South Africans, Malawians, Americans or anyone for that matter, do not have to have the same sexual interests or preferences as a basis or predicate for advocating the rights of others, others, who are unlike us.

I strongly believe that Nigerians, South Africans, Ugandans and Malawians and others, should be able to advocate the rights of homosexuals and lesbians citizens amongst us, even if we are decidedly heterosexuals. Just the same way in which we may be able to recognize the rights of others to practice their choice of preferred religion, even if we ourselves are of a different religious faith or are faithless, agnostic or atheists ourselves. We ought to be able to accept homosexuals, gays and lesbians without making value judgments or some sorts of dogmatic and judgmental moral condemnations of gays and lesbians, based upon or predicated on our moral certainty or religious “superiority”

I am quite at a loss when I listen the vehemence and stridency, with which some Nigerians, some South Africans, some Ugandans, some Malawians etc, talk, discuss, and in fact, attack gays and lesbians within our nations.

http://adujie-writings.blogspot.com/2010/03/homophobia-in-nigeria-uganda-malawi-and.html

You are thinking logically. Human beings do not always think logically.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back